Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Humankind Charity
"When you choose to join us, you’re choosing more than just a job.... you’re choosing to make a difference"
Forward Leeds is a drug and alcohol service for adults and young people in Leeds. We help people choose not to misuse alcohol and drugs and reduce risk taking behaviours through dedicated prevention, intervention and support.
Forward Leeds works with Leeds City Council to run the city-wide No Regrets campaign. The campaign aims to promote responsible drinking amongst young people in Leeds. We want young people to have a fun night out, but also a great next day.
We are looking for a group of volunteers (aged 18-25) to support us with No Regrets campaign. You will join a group of volunteers who have been supporting with the campaign over the last year and work closely with our Marketing and Comms team, generating new ideas for the campaign and creating content for the website. We want to hear from anyone with a creative flair who can support with suggesting ideas, writing blogs, creating videos, designing quizzes or something we haven’t thought of yet. It could be just acting as the sounding board for the ideas of others or supporting us to share messages with the right people in Leeds. You will have the chance to bring your own ideas to the table and deliver a social marketing content-led campaign that encourages young people to stay in control when they drink and have a night with no regrets.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in a public health marketing campaign making a real difference in the city. In the past, volunteers have appeared on Leeds TV, contributed to material now being shared in Millennium Square and collaborated with professionals such as MindMate. You will benefit from working closely with experienced public health and marketing professionals from Forward Leeds and Leeds City Council. The aim is to develop content and create a campaign that supports Leeds in its vision to be a healthy and caring city.
- Propose ideas and create content to be featured in the No Regrets campaign
- Plan and write written content to be shared online such as blogs, website copy, quizzes
- Create digital content such as graphics, videos, animations (depending your skillset)
- Create content to appeal to students and young people aged 18-24.
- Meet with the Forward Leeds Marketing and Comms team to share ideas and help guide the content of the website
- Support with guiding the tone of voice of the website, ensuring it successfully engages the target market
- Be able to attend team meetings on an ad-hoc basis
- Attend team meetings with other volunteers and the Forward Leeds Marketing and Comms team
- Attend a group supervision with other volunteers and Forward Leeds staff
- Attend a Welcome Session at the start of 2021
Please note, as this is fully remote, you will need have a sufficient mobile data package/minutes as we want to ensure no one is out of pocket from volunteering. We are unfortunately unable to provide IT equipment.
Creating content for the No Regrets campaign will take place on an ad-hoc basis. In terms of a time commitment, this can be as much or as little as you can give, although we expect volunteers to attend team meetings approximately once every 6 weeks. The role can be undertaken with flexible timings and be arranged with volunteers on an individual basis.
Please use the application form to explain why you would like to take part in this project and what skills you can bring.
We are looking for volunteers with:
- A positive attitude towards alcohol awareness and responsible drinking
- A creative flair and experience in creating video content, infographics and/or animations, for example
- Experience in creating engaging copy and strong written communication skills
- Ability to work within brand guidelines and policies
Please be aware that due to recent changes in legislation we have updated our recruitment criteria for certain roles. A job offer may be subject to providing evidence of two mandatory COVID vaccines.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurringFalse
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Inspiration House, Unit 22Bowburn North Industrial EstateBowburn, DH6 5PFUnited Kingdom
January 7, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_DAYS