Food pantry van driver
Please visit the new page to apply.
Due to an increase in demand at the food pantry located in Lowell, MA, Catholic Charities Merrimack Valley is seeking an on-call morning driver to help with local grocery store pickups. The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted pantry operations and to maintain a high level of service to clients, this on-call opportunity has been created.
Hours: Monday-Thursday from 8-10:30 AM. Duties include driving with other pantry assistant to pick up donated food items at local grocery stores and help unload van. Must be able to lift/move boxes of approximately 50 lbs.
Training will be provided. A valid MA driver's license is required. Knowledge of the greater Lowell area preferred, but not required
Email Paula Norwood at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-451-7980 for more details.
About Catholic Charities of Boston
275 West Broadway, Boston, MA 02127, US
Catholic Charities is building a just and compassionate society rooted in the dignity of all people.
For more than 100 years, Catholic Charities has continued its mission of building a just and compassionate society rooted in the dignity of all people.
As one of the largest providers of social services in Massachusetts, Catholic Charities offers approximately 90 programs and services in 23 locations from Lawrence to Brockton and throughout to Boston. More than 185,000 people are helped each year regardless of faith.
Our programs and services are provided in four major areas:
- As an anti-poverty agency, Catholic Charities responds to the needs of the poor and working poor in our communities. This is accomplished by providing or helping them access emergency food, fuel, utility, rental, and mortgage assistance.
- Catholic Charities provides a variety of support services for children and families in order to strengthen and preserve families and provide children and youth with the opportunities they deserve.
- Adult Education (ESOL) and workforce development programs prepare adult learners to take advantage of better employment opportunities to support their families
- With a variety of multicultural and multilingual services for immigrants and refugees, Catholic Charities is working to help these populations adjust to their new surroundings and become active participants in their communities.
Catholic Charities is a self-supporting, non-profit organization that relies on public, private, and United Way contributions.
70 Lawrence StreetLowell, MA 01852
January 6, 2022
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Shift is approximately 2 1/2 hours, mornings only - this is an on-call opportunity
- Flexibility, dependability