Blood Drive Ambassador - Polk County
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Blood Donor Ambassador will provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the
blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a
long-term commitment to regular blood donations. Express gratitude and ensure each blood donor is
sincerely thanked for their donation.
The American Red Cross aspires to be an organization fully committed to diversity and inclusion by
creating and maintaining a diverse, high-performing workforce of employees and volunteers who reflect
all communities we serve; by cultivating a collaborative, inclusive and respectful work environment that
empowers all contributors; and by leveraging diverse partnerships - all of which helps to ensure
culturally competent service delivery supported by effective community leadership and engagement.
- Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs
through the blood donation process
- Direct donor to next step of donation or options for future donations if deferred.
- Model excellent customer service behaviors.
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while
creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
- Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for
- Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as requested
- Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donor’s blood type with the best
product for maximum impact
- Responsible to inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions
- May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up
activities as directed
- Must be 16 years old
- Masks will be required, regardless of vaccination status.
- Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills
- Extremely comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds
- Ability to understand technology needed for position: Donor Check-in, Donor Tablet, Rapid Pass, Donor App.
- Ability to explain/teach technology to donors and fellow volunteers
- Ability to regularly commit to schedule, arrive punctually and adapt to a change driven culture
About American Red Cross - Georgia Region
1955 Monroe Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30324, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
VariesCedartown, GA 30125
January 6, 2022
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- One shift per month.