First Connection Peer Support Volunteer Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Assist with implementing the Patti Robinson Kaufman First Connection (peer support) Program which includes direct contact with patients and caregivers, volunteer management, database logging and follow-up.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Call and/or emails patients and caregivers who have inquired about connecting with a fellow blood cancer patient or caregiver (a First Connection match) and gather personal information about patient/caregiver
- "Match" patient/caregiver with an appropriate trained peer patient or caregiver (First Connection volunteer) through Salesforce patient database
- Provide volunteer and patient/caregiver follow-up to ensure match was appropriate and successful
- Log patient/caregiver/volunteer comments in Salesforce patient database to complete the match and update status.
Work closely with Patient and Community Outreach Manager in the region office in Cranford or remotely to contact patients via phone and email. Strong interpersonal skills and basic computer skills to document conversations is required. Role specific and database training via webinar will be provided.
About Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - New Jersey Region
14 Commerce Drive, Suite 301, Cranford, NJ 07016, US
The mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. We work tirelessly to find cures and ensure patients can access the lifesaving treatments they need. When someone experiences the fear and uncertainty of a blood cancer diagnosis, we provide hope, compassion, education and support. Our impact is felt beyond blood cancer. The breakthrough treatments we helped advance for blood cancers are now improving the lives of people affected by many types of cancer.
Volunteers are our partners in the crusade to end cancer.
LLS volunteers make a significant impact while selflessly dedicating their time and talent to achieve our mission. With countless ways to engage, from fundraising to providing patient support, our volunteers are changing the landscape of cancer.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's New Jersey Chapter was founded in 2009 to serve residents who have been touched by one of the blood cancers: leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. The region offices are located in Cranford, NJ and Bethlehem, PA.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 6, 2022
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Case Work / Management
- Patient Care
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hrs pr month connecting with patients and/or caregivers who request to speak to a peer who has been through similar circumstances and formulating those matches within the patient database.
- Strong interpersonal skills, empathy, professional demeanor, detail-oriented and organized, knowledge of Salesforce a plus