Please visit the new page to apply.
Do you have a passion for caring for others?
Are you looking for a way to make a difference in people's lives?
Has your heart went out to those who have been isolated and alone from the impacts of COVID-19?
New Castle-area volunteers, we need you! We have immediate and ongoing needs for hospice volunteers. As a direct care, bereavement, indirect care, or administrative volunteer with AseraCare, you become an important part of our hospice care team. We need volunteers to make companion visits and check-in phone calls with patients and families, as well as send cards or reminders of caring. We also need those who are willing to sit vigil with patients who might otherwise be alone at the end of their life.
In addition, we have ongoing need for volunteers who might:
- offer companionship
- read and write letters and emails for patients
- play games, sing, read a book
- be a veteran who is willing to visit other veterans
- make prayer visits or bereavement visits
- arrange and deliver donated flowers
- deliver blankets
- walk pets
- use professional services (hair, pet therapy, music performance, etc) to comfort patients
- create End of Life booklets with patient and family
Contact us to discuss the possibilities!
About AseraCare Hospice
4427 Garwood Pl, Richmond, IN 47374, US
AseraCare Hospice gives patients who are facing a life-limiting illness the freedom to live ALL the days of their lives by offering comfort, dignity and quality of life. As a hospice volunteer, and as an important part of our hospice care team, you can help improve the quality of life for our patients, as well as their families and caregivers.
AseraCare Hospice, an Amedisys company, provides hospice care to patients and families which optimizes comfort and dignity and is consistent with the patient and family needs and goals. We serve Wayne County and the east central region of Indiana.
Multiple locations New Castle, IN 47362
January 6, 2022
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Time spent volunteering is flexible and up to the volunteer, but many "direct care" (those who visit hospice patients) volunteers spend 1-2 hours weekly.