6 people are interested
Hunger Action Movement
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
Ending hunger needs the involvement of everyone. By volunteering with Rise Against Hunger India, you can become a hunger champion and mobilize others to rise against hunger. We provide a platform for volunteers where they learn and discuss issues such as malnutrition, consumption behavior, climate change impact on food systems, food wastage, farmers’ plights, etc.
By choosing to volunteer with us, you can
- Work from the comfort of your home, office, or any other place of choice.
- Use the device you are most comfortable with - your own.
- Safety, security & convenience in your hand.
- Leverage your skills and create a long-lasting impact.
Here are some activities that you can do:
- Creating social media content on food and hunger-related topics (picture, poster, video, story, hand-drawn cards, info-graphics)
- Submitting brief write-ups, research articles, blog pieces (500 plus words) to be published on our newsletters, website, and other media platforms
- Documenting through testimonial, video, or short note about your personal outreach or volunteering projects to support people in need (celebrating your success in helping someone needy)
- Doing online research on hunger situations and solutions (focusing on tangible, actionable solutions that individuals can do) - these studies and research pieces will be used to design our volunteer education and action program
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Rise Against Hunger India
302, 3rd Cross 9H Main Rd, HRBR Layout 1st Block,, Bangalore, Karnataka 560043, IN
Rise Against Hunger India envisions a world without hunger and it works towards this vision by nourishing lives, empowering communities, responding to emergencies, and growing the hunger-action movement.
As part of its mission to achieve a hunger-free world, Rise Against Hunger India has served over 1,906,175 million meals in India to people in crisis. Drawing largely from the UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 2 (Zero Hunger) program guidelines, projects are implemented under four program pillars, Nourishing Lives, Empowering Communities, Responding to Emergencies, and Growing the Movement, that take into account the full spectrum from providing immediate food needs to creating capacity among vulnerable people to be food secure & being resilient to deal with shocks and uncertainties (e.g. climate change issues or health crisis such as COVID). Through our journey to reach the most impacted groups, we have received generous support from many corporate partners either as direct CSR support or for employee engagement activities (volunteers participating in our meal packaging program)
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 7, 2022
- Visual Arts
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Must be at least 2
- The timing around volunteer activities is flexible.
- Keep an open mind and be ready to learn new things as you proceed with the activity and please do not post anything on your personal social media before the content is approved by Rise Against Hunger India.