Farmer-to-Farmer Volunteer - Microfinance in Colombia
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Partners of the Americas
Partners of the Americas is seeking volunteers to travel to Colombia through the USAID-funded Farmer-to-Farmer program. Farmer-to-Famer promotes economic development and food security abroad by sending volunteer technical specialists from the U.S. to Latin America to provide technical assistance to producers, cooperatives, agribusinesses, NGO’s, and educational institutions (referred to as "hosts"). Our program covers all volunteer costs including airfare, lodging, meals, insurance, and any other assignment-related expenses.
We are seeking volunteers in Colombia in the area of Microfinance for 15 days as early at January 2022. Please see the below opportunities and email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV or resume to be considered.
- Colombia - International Financing Reporting Standards (IFRS) Specialist
- Asomicrofinanzas, a leader in the financial sector in Colombia, is working to improve how microfinance institutions serve rural communities. Fundación El Alcaraván is a member of Asomicrofinanzas. A F2F volunteer is requested by Fundación El Alcaraván (FA) to assess, review, and improve the current practices regarding International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). It is expected that by the end of the assignment, Fundación El Alcaraván has improved its financial and accounting practices and received training on how to present its reports based on IFRS and Colombian regulation. This assignment contributes to the broader goals and objectives of the Rural Enterprise Development strategy by strengthening microfinance institutions focused on serving farmers and rural communities.
- Colombia - Marketing Specialist for Microfinance Institutions
- Asomicrofinanzas, a leader in the financial sector in Colombia, is working to improve how microfinance institutions serve rural communities. To accelerate this process, a F2F volunteer is requested by one of Asomicrofinanzas’ associates, Fundación Alcaraván, to design a marketing plan for their micro-financial unit. The main goal of the assignment is to reach new customers and develop an online outreach strategy. It is expected that by the end of the assignment, Fundación El Alcaraván has a marketing plan that involves analytical, strategic, and operative tasks and the design of advertising pieces for online and on-site marketing. This assignment contributes to the broader goals and objectives of the Rural Enterprise Development strategy by strengthening microfinance institutions focused on serving farmers and rural communities.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Bogotá - La CaleraBogota, 20005Colombia
January 6, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH