Social Media Manager
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Ripple Foundation
Ripple Foundation is seeking a social media manager who can create a ripple effect and raise awareness to encourage creative writing in children and youth across the country. As our social media manager, you will be responsible for developing and administering social media content that is designed to engage users that will lead to an increase of followers through our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
What does Ripple Foundation do?
Ripple Foundation is an educational charity that fosters creativity in youth across Canada. We are dedicated to developing and creating community programs that focus on improving reading and writing skills of children and youth while promoting the power of their creativity. Current programs include:
- Kids Write 4 Kids Creative Challenge - An annual writing contest for students in grades 4-8. Since 2012, we’ve published 17 stories from Kids Write 4 Kids winners.
- Write It Workshops - A creative writing program focused on improving the writing skills of children and youth and increasing their confidence in writing.
- Wave Blog - Students in grades 8 - 12 share their opinions and experiences on various topics that resonate among youth.
You can read more about it at ripplefoundation.ca
Interested in joining the Ripple family?
- Work with a fabulous designer to develop social media campaigns and support PR strategies
- Listen, respond and engage an audience across all channels to improves engagement with followers
- Work with our editorial calendar and communication strategy to come up with a promotional plan to keep post current and timely
- Monitor social media accounts to provide quarterly updates
- A minimum of 3 years of direct work experience in social media management
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram platforms
- Experience in Hootsuite is an asset
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to craft content for social media spaces
- A keen sense of what type of material is optimal for different types of social media platforms
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and positive attitude
- Ability to work independently with an ingrained sense of accountability to volunteer colleagues and Ripple Foundation
- Ability to multi-task, be self-motivated, determine priorities, and work to deadlines
Estimated Volunteer Hours: 3-5 hours per week
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
69 Yorkville Avenue218Toronto, ON M5R 1B8Canada
January 6, 2022