VIRTUAL: EnCorps STEMx Math Tutor
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: EnCorps, Inc.
Use your STEM Industry experience to inspire students!
EnCorps STEM Teachers Program’s vision is to realize a day where all students, regardless of socioeconomic status, are inspired and prepared to pursue their dreams. Join EnCorps STEM Teachers Program as a STEMx Tutor and commit to providing quality education to the students who need your mentorship the most. As a STEMx Tutor, you will be paired with a student for two consecutive semesters. If you choose, you can be paired with more than one student.
STEMx Volunteer expectations:
- Frequency- 2 virtual tutoring sessions per week
- Intensity- 1-hour *time is TBD, as it is coordinated by you and the parent or guardian.
- Duration- Two consecutive semesters (you can continue further if you want)
- Training- All new STEMx volunteers will have an orientation session
Program qualification requirements:
- Have a bachelor's degree
- Have at least 1 year of hands-on STEM industry work experience or have an advanced degree in a STEM field
- Offer contingent on the completion of a background check
Value of your time:
EnCorps STEMx Tutors will provide academic assistance to underserved middle school students, currently under-performing in math, in order to ready them for the rigor of high school mathematics that will provide them access to education that will help them break the cycle of poverty, pursue higher education, and secure jobs in the 21st century.
Want to empower students and inspire the next generation of STEM leaders? Join EnCorps today!
Apply to become a STEMx Tutor at: https://www.encorps.org/application-part1
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
San Francisco, CA 90278
January 6, 2022