Teaching Assistant Law Course
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: I'RAISE GIRLS AND BOYS INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
Become a Teaching Assistant-trainee at our non-profit organization!
College Course: Law
Our new initiative, Generation-Z, is a program that makes college accessible and not just an impossible dream for Black youth. This project is an imperative program that gives Black youth a way out of poverty by way of advanced college courses being accessible in early high school years and empowering under-resourced high school students to unlock their potential while gaining access to new careers.
We are looking for enthusiastic and skilled Teaching Assistant-trainee to provide support to instructors and their students (Grade 10 - 12). This role will offer the much needed support to our instructors and students. As well as, offer a more intimate teaching environment.
TA-trainee Job Requirement:
- Demonstrate the working knowledge of the law and legal system, structure of law & federal government and its courts systems, criminal law, family law, constitutional law, civil procedure, contracts and torts.
- Implement the Teacher’s lesson plans and assist students with assignments or complex concepts.
- Help the Teacher with lesson preparation.
- Review lessons or lectures with students on a one-on-one basis or in small groups.
- Support each child’s social, emotional, and intellectual growth and development.
- Collaborate with the Teacher to identify students’ issues and recommend solutions.
- Track attendance, grade assignments, and calculate grades.
- Giving extra help to students who need special accommodations or are struggling with a concept.
- Regularly communicate with parents to provide updates on their child's progress, reminders about upcoming sessions, materials list for individual sessions, and other communications.
- Applicants must be able to facilitate topics in law & government.
- Must have earned a Bachelor’s in Law or related field (and/or something related).
- Experience facilitating and working with high school aged students.
- Must have excellent communication, planning, organizing, and problem-solving skills.
Hours and Commitment: Trainee will be required to work 3 to 5 hours a week for a minimum of 5 months.
Location: Remote [Virtual Only]
Salary Range: Unpaid Trainee Position
Benefit: Boost your confidence, start building your professional network, develop transferable skills, receive valuable teaching experience, and get a more honest look at the career you are thinking of pursuing.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
8 West 126th StreetNew York, NY 10027
January 5, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK