Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: School Group
About School Group
School Group (SG) is a start-up international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development -- improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service -- and have the time, skills and know-how to match -- we want you as a School Group volunteer.
Reporting to our Director HR, you’ll play an integral part of the success of School Group. On any given day in this role, you'll be involved with policy creation and implementation, interfacing with the Human Resource management team to follow up on projects, consulting with different departmental leaders regarding personnel issues, and creating strategies to improve systems and processes.
In short, you’ll stand at the center of our efforts to find and retain quality talent.
- Managing all human resources operations including recruitment, staffing, on-boarding, succession planning, training, coaching, counseling, monitoring, and performance management.
- Consulting with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the CEO, on personnel matters.
- Working directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Developing and maintaining a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
- 5+ years experience supporting HR related processes
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with HR, business and technical teams
- Experience in process improvement and change management methodologies
- Experience with Workday HRIS preferred
- Experience with payroll business analysis preferred
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and consistently deliver on commitments - great organizational skills and attention to detail
- Solutions focused, with the ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment in complex and ambiguous situations
- Proficiency in managing multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
- Can work a minimum of 10 hours a week for at least 6 months.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Business, or Organizational Psychology.
- Experience working remotely as part of a small team
- Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
How to apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
.Austin, TX 73301
January 5, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME