SOVA Van Nuys Grocery Rescue Lead Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
In addition to standard health and sanitation procedures, SOVA Valley will:
- Screen volunteers for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Implement social distancing measures.
- Provide hand sanitizer for use.
- Provide gloves and masks to all volunteers
We need help ensuring the product we receive daily safely gets from the store to our clients experiencing food insecurity.Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities
- R eceiving food daily from one of our SOVA drivers to the distribution location assigned
- C hecking food for food safety issues
- Sorting food into categories and weighing for tracking
- Inputting data into the MealConnect App
- Communicating with SOVA staff and volunteers to distribute product, report waste and report food safety issues
- Minimum age to volunteer is 16
- Must be able to show proof of Covid-19 vaccination.
- Be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Comfortable working indoors & outdoors.
- Waiver Form Required. A copy will be sent to you when you register.
- No court-ordered volunteers.
- Due to safety concerns, all volunteers must wear close-toed shoes (no sandals or flip flops
- Dress in comfortable clothing, such as jeans, t-shirts and tennis shoes.
- 03:00 PM to 06:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Jewish Family Service LA
330 N. Fairfax Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90036, US
JFS provides a comprehensive array of services for older adults, with the goal of helping them remain healthy, active and independent in their own communities. Our local neighborhood centers offer friendly, easy access throughout Los Angeles County. All of our community-based care services are designed to enable seniors to live in the least restrictive environment possible. Programs include essential mental health services, a special program for residents of Beverly Hills, transportation, fitness activities, community dining, home delivered meals, care management, in-home assessments, recreational activities and special services for Survivors of the Holocaust.
JFS operates two fitness centers that assist older adults in remaining active and healthy. Our Fitness Centers use special ergonomically supportive exercise equipment designed for older adults. Our trained professional staff is dedicated to providing opportunities for older adults to improve gait and balance and avoid falls. They provide individual assessment and detailed exercise regimes for each participant using evidence-based practices and ongoing monitoring of their fitness profiles. In addition, we offer group fitness classes in strength, balance and flexibility training all at low or no cost to the participant. Adapted from the Cal State Fullerton and University of Southern California Fall Prevention Centers of Excellence, these programs are an outstanding way to strengthen the body, reduce stress and improve general well being.
6605 Odessa AvenueVan Nuys, CA 91406
January 4, 2022
- Must be at least 16
- Shifts are 3 hours Monday- Thursday.
- Be able to lift up to 40 lbs. Be able to stand for long periods of time. Proof of vaccination is required.