- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Badger Honor Flight Secretary on Board of Directors
Please visit the new page to apply.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
BADGER HONOR FLIGHT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS - JOB DESCRIPTION - SECRETARY
The duties of the Badger Honor Flight [BHF] Secretary include:
- Distributing meeting information by the collection and dissemination of agenda items and director reports,
- Recording the actions and discussions of board meetings,
- Distribution of board minutes to board members,
- Preparing electronic and printed records of board deliberations for an archive of BHF actions.
- Collecting printed, pictorial and video matter relating to BHF in all news media organizations for preservation in an historical file
- Scheduling meeting facilities and equipment. Schedule video meetings when needed and ensure equipment is available for use of Power Point presentations.
- Arranging/participating in the following ceremonial memorial functions:
- Monitoring newspaper obituaries,
- Noting the passing of BHF veteran alumni, posting a condolence on the funeral home web page,
- Attending or soliciting a Memorial Team member to attend visitations of the alumni whenever possible, presenting a 'Fallen Warrior’ medallion to the next of kin or the guardian if present, and
- Update Honor Apps data base and archiving records.
- Attend all regular and special meetings of the Board of Directors. Coordinate remote meetings via Zoom as needed for Board of Directors, Flight Team & Volunteers.
- Track Board Terms and position descriptions for each director position. Post for positions on social media, etc. Prepare for and organize interviews.
- Serve as liaison between contracted IT vendors for O365 access. Handle requests for volunteer access from Board Members.
- Assist Treasurer as requested for second signature of checks, run customer credit cards, PayPal and Venmo transactions through BHF accounts.
- Perform such tasks as possible when requested by the Chairman of the BHF Board.
The above duties shall be performed by personal effort and/or by delegation and supervision of volunteers.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Able to work as a team member
- Ability to lead a diverse team of volunteers
- Proficient in a variety of computer programs
o Word o Powerpoint
o Excel o Adobe Acrobat
- The incumbent will need to provide their own phone, laptop and internet access.
- Position requires travel to/from events and meetings and BHF doesn’t reimburse for mileage.
- This position is a volunteer, unpaid position requiring a 3-year commitment; 2 years as an active Board Director of Administration and one year as emeritus in a support/advisory role only.
- Hours volunteering vary according to Board business, events and flight season.
About BADGER HONOR FLIGHT
PO Box 258066, Madison, WI 53725, US
Badger Honor Flight is a regional affiliate of the National Honor Flight Network. The purpose of the Honor Flight Network is to ensure that World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War and terminally ill veterans from any war have the opportunity to see the memorials that have been erected in their honor. Badger Honor Flight provides all amenities to the veterans, including all transportation and meals on the day of the flight. Everything is free to the veterans because of how much they have sacrificed for this great country already.
Badger Honor Flight (BHF) is a regional hub of the Honor Flight Network (r).
Badger Honor Flight is a non-profit organization created solely to honor America’s veterans for all their sacrifices and to transport our heroes to Washington, D.C. to visit and reflect at their memorials. Top priority is given to the senior veterans - World War II survivors, along with those other veterans who may be terminally ill. There are currently 140 hubs in 45 states. BHF is currently accepting and flying World War II, Korean, and Vietnam War-era veterans. To date we have flown 39 flights from Madison, WI to Washington D.C., and just surpassed our 3000th Veteran. BHF is a 100% volunteer-staffed organization.
PO Box 258066Madison, WI 53725
January 4, 2022
- Office Management
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Program Management
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Time commitment varies a great deal when in preparation for flights in the spring and fall. Could be as little as 4-8 hours a week.
- This is a volunteer position; Badger Honor Flight is currently 100% volunteers. This position recruits and oversees as needed to complete the positions tasks.