A.T. Vista: Registrar
Please visit the new page to apply.
Help develop and implement a registration system for participants attending the 2022 A.T. Vista which is to take place at SUNY New Paltz on Aug. 5-8, 2022. A.T. Vista is a biennial gathering for people interested in enjoying and learning about the Appalachian Trail and all things outdoors!
Register TODAY to begin helping by clicking on the 'Register' button at the bottom of this page and filling out the following form.
As part of a two person team that utilizes material from previous conferences, develop and implement online registration for A.T. Vista. Most of the work for this position takes place more than 6 months before the conference. A report on what the Registrar did at the 2007 conference is available
To plan, coordinate and publish registration materials. To process incoming registrations and to oversee the on-site registration process.
- General IT background
- Previous experience with working on websites a plus.
- Experience working with Drupal and CiviCRM a big plus.
- Ability to trouble shoot both with IT and with conference participants
Before the Conference
- Be a member of the Steering Committee
- Track own hours
- Present and monitor budget
- Read the report from registrars from the Ramapo 2007 conference and See what Regonline looked like.
- Develop and manage online registration using conventions from previous conferences
- Make sure information about attending the conference is on the website and including transoirtation to Ramapo College
- Report registration numbers to Steering Committee on regular basis
- Interact with Program Committee chairs for material for online registration
- Enter information for people who did not register on-line (~10%)
- Work with TC staff about deposits
- Assign rooms in dorms and notify Camping Chair about campers
- Use volunteers to assemble registration packets (ask HR Chair for help in finding volunteers)
- Work with Marketing Committee about items in swag bags
- Track your own volunteer hours
During the Conference
- Use volunteers at Registration Table
- Trouble shoot
- Write report
- Meet and work alongside people who share your passion for the outdoors
- Work with knowledgeable hikers from outside your region
- Learn how to enter content on the AT Vista website
- Be able to say you developed and implemented an online registration process
- Once the initial buzz of on site registration over, you can enjoy the many aspects of the conference.
- Marketing Chair
- Volunteer Recruiter
- Hikes Chair(s)
- Excursions Chair(s)
- Workshops Chair(s)
- Housing Coordinator(s)
- Food Coordinator(s)
- Camping Coordinator(s)
- Sign Coordinator(s)
- On site Chair
Revise on-line registration package to fit the upcoming conference
Spring of year before conference - preliminary report for June Steering Committee Mtg..
Summer of year before conference - Obtain final information for inclusion in ATN registration form
March of year of conference - on line registraion opens
Spring of year of conference - monitor registration
Two weeks before conference - close registration
Meeting week- Staff the registration desk, resolve conflicts.
September of Year of Conference - Final Report due
About APPALACHIAN TRAIL CONSERVANCY
PO BOX 807, HARPERS FERRY, WV 25425, US
The Appalachian Trail Conservancy’s mission is to preserve and manage the Appalachian Trail - ensuring that its vast natural beauty and priceless cultural heritage can be shared and enjoyed today, tomorrow, and for centuries to come.
The Appalachian Trail Conservancy’s vision is to connect the human spirit with nature - preserving the delicate majesty of the Trail as a haven for all to enjoy.
We are committed to nurture and protect this sacred space through education and inspiration. We strive to create an ever-expanding community of doers and dreamers, and work to ensure that tomorrow’s generations will experience the same mesmerizing beauty we behold today.
1 Hawk Hill RoadNew Paltz, NY 12561
January 4, 2022