1 person is interested
A.T. Vista: Next Generation Committee
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Help plan ways to engage younger generations during the 2022 A.T. Vista which is to take place at SUNY New Paltz on Aug. 5-8, 2022. A.T. Vista is a biennial gathering for people interested in enjoying and learning about the Appalachian Trail and all things outdoors!
Register TODAY to begin helping by clicking on the 'Register' button at the bottom of this page and filling out the following form.
How to engage the next generation of hikers and trail volunteer starts with having a program geared to them. This committee will decide what activities to offer for teens and preteens be it hikes, workshop, or excursions.Since this program has not been presented before, the co-chairs can be creative in what they offer as long as it is safe and follows appropriate guidelines.
Develop and run a program for teens so that they become our next generration
- Interest in engaging younger generations in the Appalahcian Trail and the environment
- Brainstorming and group planning capabilities
Planning the Conference
- Conduct survey of preteen, teens, and young adults.
- Read reports from previous conference(s) and talk with previous chair(s)
- Recruit and assemble committee
- Present budget
- Meet as a committee
- Make decisions and report back on regular basis
- Have minutes posted on Google Drive
- Delegate tasks as appropriate to committee members
- Prepare and post content on website and later for publication in AT Journeys and Trail Walker
At the Conference
- After the Conference
- Write report
- Promote the awareness of and an appreciation for one of the world’s most iconic trails
- Meet and work alongside people who share your passion for the outdoors
- Work with knowledgeable hikers from outside your region
- Learn how to enter content on the AT Vista website
- Be able to say you worked on a multi-day conference
- Steering Committee
Eighteen months before the conference - conduct survey of preteen, teens, and young adults.
Develop and present budget
May of the year before the conference - Preliminary report for June Steering committee Mtg.
Summer of the year before the conference - finalize arrangements for any opportunities to be published in the program announcement for ATN
October of of the year before the conference - deadline for publication info for ATN January 2001- Progress report for Steering Committee Mtg.
Spring of the year of the conference - Finalize arrangements, make adjustments based on registration levels
April of the year of the conference -provide necessary information to Publications for the on-site Program Booklet
Meeting Week- Oversee operations, resolve conflicts
September after the conference - final report due
About APPALACHIAN TRAIL CONSERVANCY
PO BOX 807, HARPERS FERRY, WV 25425, US
The Appalachian Trail Conservancy’s mission is to preserve and manage the Appalachian Trail - ensuring that its vast natural beauty and priceless cultural heritage can be shared and enjoyed today, tomorrow, and for centuries to come.
The Appalachian Trail Conservancy’s vision is to connect the human spirit with nature - preserving the delicate majesty of the Trail as a haven for all to enjoy.
We are committed to nurture and protect this sacred space through education and inspiration. We strive to create an ever-expanding community of doers and dreamers, and work to ensure that tomorrow’s generations will experience the same mesmerizing beauty we behold today.
1 Hawk Hill RoadNew Paltz, NY 12561
January 4, 2022