A.T. Vista: Housing Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Help coordinate housing for participants during the 2022 A.T. Vista which is to take place at SUNY New Paltz on Aug. 5-8, 2022. A.T. Vista is a biennial gathering for people interested in enjoying and learning about the Appalachian Trail and all things outdoors!
Register TODAY to begin helping by clicking on the 'Register' button at the bottom of this page and filling out the following form.
Being in charge of housing is a job that requires tact, diplomacy, and being able to trouble shoot. You will need to interact with someone at the college and deal with lost keys and people being locked out of their rooms. On the plus side, you will meet lots of people who love the AT and your responsibilities are primarily at the conference. . Housing assignments will be done by registrars as it is easiest to do when people are registering. For information on how the job was done in 2007, see the Housing report.
Oversee all housing (excluding camping and RV) for conference registrants
- Ability to delegate and to troubleshoot
- Patience tactfully answering the same question
While running the Conference
- Read the Housing report from 2007.
- Troubleshoot dorm problems such as lost keys and locked out of rooms
- Track your own volunteer hours
After the Conference
- Write a report
Examples of tasks from the 2003 conference
- Determine campus housing options and costs
- Arrange for discounts at local hotels/motels including a hold on reservations.
- Provide information to Registration for inclusion on the registration form
- Assign registrants to specific dormitory rooms
- Consider physical/age limitations
- Group according to length of stay
- Establish a room key distribution and return system
- Establish male/ female bathroom arrangements
- Arrange linen system
- Collect and communicate information on private accomodations in the area, especially for Friday night
- Co-ordinate housing arangements for workers on Thursday and Friday nights before Conference opening
- Staff a housing desk during the meeting
- On-site Committee Chair
- Sign Coordinator
- Publications coordinator
May of the year before the conference - Preliminary report for June Steering Committee Mtg.
Spring of the year before the conference - Make offsite hotel arrangements
Fall of the year before the conference - Finalize information for ATJ registration form
During the meeting - be on-stie to troube shoot
September of the year of the conference - write final report
About APPALACHIAN TRAIL CONSERVANCY
PO BOX 807, HARPERS FERRY, WV 25425, US
The Appalachian Trail Conservancy’s mission is to preserve and manage the Appalachian Trail - ensuring that its vast natural beauty and priceless cultural heritage can be shared and enjoyed today, tomorrow, and for centuries to come.
The Appalachian Trail Conservancy’s vision is to connect the human spirit with nature - preserving the delicate majesty of the Trail as a haven for all to enjoy.
We are committed to nurture and protect this sacred space through education and inspiration. We strive to create an ever-expanding community of doers and dreamers, and work to ensure that tomorrow’s generations will experience the same mesmerizing beauty we behold today.
1 Hawk Dr.New Paltz, NY 12561
January 4, 2022