5 people are interested
Harpers Ferry Visitor Center Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Join the team in Harpers Ferry, WV at the Appalachian Trail Conservancy’s Harpers Ferry Visitor Center. Help recreators of the Appalachian Trail and the region by promoting outdoor stewardship, inspiring new users, and educating visitors on nearby recreation opportunities.
- Meet and greet visitors by creating a welcoming and inclusive environment.
- Educate and inform visitors through conversation, guidance, and resource sharing.
- Respond to inquiries, whether in-person, via email, and/or over the phone while representing ATC.
- Help to keep the visitor center a clean, organized place for staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Lead programs, training, or workshops for visitors from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
- Reflect Leave No Trace principles in responses to the public.
- Help with event set-up and breakdown.
- Conduct sales and membership transactions as needed.
- Other duties and tasks as needed.
- Must be able to work in an inclusive team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to sit or stand for a minimum of 3-4-hour shifts
- Ability to lift 15 lbs. or more
- Ability to create a welcoming environment for all visitors
- Participate in ATC-provided training
- Familiarity or willingness to learn Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Office 365, Outlook, Word)
- Ability to help answer phone or email inquiries as needed
- Basic knowledge of regional recreation, tourism, A.T. and ATC preferred
- Prior experience in customer service or hospitality is a plus
- Passion for educating the public about the outdoors
- Willingness to learn new tasks and information
- Flexible schedule - opportunities to work during the day, evenings, and weekends.
- Work and join a team environment that empowers, educates, and protects
- Ability to interact with visitors from all over the world
- Opportunity for professional development and continued lifelong learning
About APPALACHIAN TRAIL CONSERVANCY
PO BOX 807, HARPERS FERRY, WV 25425, US
The Appalachian Trail Conservancy’s mission is to preserve and manage the Appalachian Trail - ensuring that its vast natural beauty and priceless cultural heritage can be shared and enjoyed today, tomorrow, and for centuries to come.
The Appalachian Trail Conservancy’s vision is to connect the human spirit with nature - preserving the delicate majesty of the Trail as a haven for all to enjoy.
We are committed to nurture and protect this sacred space through education and inspiration. We strive to create an ever-expanding community of doers and dreamers, and work to ensure that tomorrow’s generations will experience the same mesmerizing beauty we behold today.
799 Washington St.Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
January 4, 2022