Volunteer Board Member-Fundraising Specialist
Please visit the new page to apply.
Oversee the Fundraising Committee which is responsible for overseeing the organization's overall fundraising. Oversee fundraising done by the board with a focus on developing and expanding ways for donors to give.
Description of position duties:
- Review all previous year fundraising activity and make recommendations for improvements for new fiscal year.
- Work with board and Center Manager to determine annual development budget.
- Create and update fund development plan annually.
- Develop an annual calendar for the committee’s activities, including critical dates, milestones and required board actions
- Participate in special events, networking and other fundraising activities.
- Track and report progress toward fundraising goals to the Board.
- Analyze relationships with current and prospective major donors and funders and develop individualized strategies to cultivate or strengthen those relationships.
- Reach out to potential and current donors
- Tap respective networks for potential donors of money, time and in-kind support.
- Monitor fundraising efforts to be sure that ethical practices are in place, that donors are acknowledged appropriately, and that fundraising efforts are cost-effective.
- Periodically report on fundraising efforts to the board
- Provide research as needed for the committee
- Enthusiasm and passion for the mission and vision of Happy Tails
- A reputation for integrity, the ability to keep commitments, and willingness to learn
- Able to dedicate time to committee meetings and assisting on building donor and fundraising projects
- Good communication skills, and flexibility
- Engage in advocacy and networking with a focus on outreach activities in the community
- Facilitate communication and discussion during the meetings
- Ability to serve as a spokesperson for the organization
- Ability to lead a group of staff, board members, and volunteers
- Ability to collaborate with different individuals and organizations
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately, especially when it comes to finances
- Ability to lead the committee in fundraising efforts
Schedule: Part-time, on call
COVID-19 considerations: Currently everyone needs to wear a mask when in the adoption center/Sanctuary. Customers are also required to wear a masks when inside.
Education: Bachelor's (Preferred)
Experience: Fundraising: 3 years (Preferred)
About Happy Tails Pet Sanctuary
6001 Folsom Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95819, US
Happy Tails is a no-kill facility dedicated to protecting and improving the lives of homeless and abused animals. Needy animals are rescued, nurtured, and provided shelter and medical care (including spaying and neutering) before being placed in loving homes or safe sanctuary. Happy Tails is also dedicated to educating the public about the joys and responsibilities of caring for these creatures whose lives also have value.
Happy Tails, Sacramento's first no-kill pet facility, was founded in 1993 by volunteers committed to a common goal: creating a safe haven for abandoned and abused animals. Happy Tails has grown to an organization with close to 200 volunteers whose hard work resulted in the City's first cage-free adoption center for cats. Our cat adoption center is located at 6001 Folsom Blvd. in east Sacramento. Adoptable dogs are kept in volunteer foster care homes.
Happy Tails cats and dogs come from many places...anywhere and everywhere that there are homeless or abused pets in need. We provide necessary veterinary care for these animals before placing them in our foster care or adoption system. We help fill many needs of our community, including:
- providing temporary foster care for homeless and abandoned animals before placing them in safe, caring homes
- providing continuing care for animals that cannot be placed in homes
- encouraging spaying/neutering to break the uncontrolled reproductive cycle in these animals
- promoting education in the humane and caring treatment of animals.
Federal and state tax authorities recognize Happy Tails as a tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation
6001 Folsom Blvd.Sacramento, CA 95819
January 4, 2022
- Bachelor's degree (Preferred) Fundraising: 3 years (Preferred)