Director, Curriculum Design & Development
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: School Group
About School Group
School Group (SG) is a start-up international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development -- improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service -- and have the time, skills and know-how to match -- we want you as a School Group volunteer.
In our pursuit to make quality education accessible around the world, the School Group (SG) is seeking a Director of Curriculum & Teacher Development to join our team! This position provides leadership for the School Group Curriculum and Professional Development (CPD) programs. In this role you will manage the development, evaluation, and implementation of curriculum projects. Additionally, you will also provide guidance and oversee the development of Teachers’ curriculum and instruction design.
- Guide the creation, modification, and publication of three or more modules concurrently, working with several Curriculum Writers and Subject-Area Specialists.
- Convey the philosophy and principles of curriculum for School Group. Institute processes that help the Curriculum Writers and Subject-Area Specialists create modules based on samples and other products. Co-create modules as appropriate.
- Provide professional learning for new members of the CDD team and school-based and other module facilitators. Supervise Curriculum Writers and Subject-Area Specialists.
- Work with the Senior Director of Learning to use both internal and external data to revise processes and products, including modules.
- Help the Senior Director of Learning adjust philosophy, principles, processes and products according to changes in School Group’s direction (such as moving from Phase I to Phase II).
- Serve as one of the CDD team members linked to local facilitators of modules.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
- Subject matter experts, teachers.
- A Master's Degree in Teaching; Educational Leadership; Curriculum & Instruction, or similar academic preparation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and team with colleagues
- Strong organizational skills
- Provide curricular alignment and oversight across grade levels;
- Ability to evaluate instructional programs and teaching effectiveness and make recommendations for improvements.
- Ability to provide leadership and to supervise the planning, development and establishment of new, modified and/or improved programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated instructional leadership roles that resulted in improved student learning.
- Demonstrated excellence as a teacher of adults, professional developer, instructional coach or curriculum director.
- Ability to use and present student assessment data with building instructional staff to improve practice, strategies and results
- Knowledge of best practices in formative and summative assessment to inform instruction
- Ability to manage budgets and supervise staff
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
.Austin, TX 73301
January 4, 2022