Director Product Development
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: School Group
About School Group
School Group (SG) is a start-up international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development -- improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service -- and have the time, skills and know-how to match -- we want you as a School Group volunteer.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading product initiatives to help meet organizational goals for international development and expansion into our core markets: initially Nepal and India, then the U.S., Canada, UK, New Zealand and Pakistan. You will also work closely with the almost all the teams in the Organization, providing ideation and creative direction to help further refine our global product development, customer needs and initiatives
- Lead and develop a small team of product managers.
- Own and guide execution of the vision, goals, and roadmaps of your product teams, and apply cross-functional influence to help other product teams align their plans with our overall platform evolution needs.
- Apply deep expertise in platform infrastructure, shared services, and scaled cloud products as your partner with technical stakeholders to define the future of SG’s platform.
- Maintain business cases, market requirements, and competitive differentiation for your products.
- Help your teams remove impediments, focus and prioritize to achieve their goals and milestones.
- Maintain presentations, communications, and other artifacts necessary to explain your products inside and outside SG.
- Lead product efforts to build shared services for customer-facing teams to adopt as they migrate products to common infrastructure in the public cloud.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, infrastructure, UX, marketing, sales, support, implementation, and finance to create and deliver a shared vision of success that brings customers along through the phases of this evolution.
- Help your product managers and their teams develop and refine their iterative delivery skills, as they build out shared infrastructure and services for internal customers on a regular cadence.
- Develop relationships with School Group stakeholders and customers, learning from them about their pressures and problems, and helping them understand what to expect from the continually-evolving School Group set of solutions.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
- Product Development department
- SG Leadership team
- A Bachelor’s degree with global product management experience in a nonprofit or corporate setting.
- Deep understanding of the global product development and strategies involved and trends.
- Experience leading the strategy for and managing a global product teams, working cross-functionally with internal teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Strong writing, interpersonal, relationship-building and collaboration skills.
- Ability to successfully interface with senior-level internal stakeholders
- Ability to think strategically and translate strategy into product plans and programs.
- Ability to drive tactically, always maintaining a big picture view.
- Flexibility to partner with and negotiate with colleagues and customers at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Effective leadership skills and ability to listen communicate and motivate teams.
- A self-starter who has the ability to guide and mentor colleagues for effective decision-making and leadership abilities.
- Experience working cross-functionally in new product development process developing business cases, marketing requirements and coordinating product launch activities.
- Work well with downstream teams and customers to understand and appropriately respond to market and business needs.
- Ability to interface effectively and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time and effectively prioritize to achieve optimal results.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, ability to accurately analyze information and make sound decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and accountability for achieving results.
- Master’s degree in related field
- Experience working remotely as part of a team.
- Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
- 10 years’ experience building web-based SaaS products.
- Demonstrable prior experience leading a successful platform migration to the public cloud.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
.Austin, TX 73301
January 4, 2022