Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Civic Series
Title: Communications Specialist
Commitment: 12-16 hours per month
Type: Volunteer position
Start date: Immediate
About Civic Series
Civic Series ( www.civicseries.org) helps you understand, think for yourself, and have meaningful conversations about the most important issues of our time, like Brexit, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, climate change, and many others. We run free, non-partisan events where you can ask questions of experts and discuss the most important issues of the day. Civic Series events are educational but we’re not academics or activists. Our expert speakers present multiple sides of the issue without telling you what to think. We have no agenda, other than to help you be a part of the conversation about what’s going on in the world you live in.
Civic Series is a non-profit organization run by dedicated volunteers in the United States and Canada. Our main demographic are curious people in their 20s and 30s, though all are welcome.
About the role
Civic Series is seeking a Communications Specialist to support our chapters as they connect with their network through email and social media. They will be a member of the Civic Series headquarters team and will work closely with both the director, communications committee, and chapter organizers. We expect that this volunteer will commit 12-16 hours per month (about 3-4 hours/week).
- Be in close coordination with chapters in the U.S. & Canada about event and communication schedules;
- Craft and send email campaigns based on content from the chapters and existing design templates;
- Design additional graphics as needed;
- Promote engagement on social media around chapter events.
- Loves people and helps others;
- Happy to work in close coordination via Slack and calls with a distributed team;
- Excited to make a meaningful contribution to the Civic Series mission;
- Able to make a min. six-month commitment in this role.
- Student or working professional;
- Excellent written and communication skills (English);
- Has led or supported communications (marketing emails & social media) for a group or organization;
- Developing online graphics (ads, posters, social media graphics) or has an eye for digital design.
If you’re interested, please email email@example.com with (a) your resume or LinkedIn profile, (b) social media channels, and (c) two samples of your communications work, such as a marketing email and/or digital design work.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
45 E City Ave# 2161Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
January 4, 2022