Seeking Compassionate Volunteers for Hospice Patients
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Harbor Hospice of Plano
Volunteers are literally, the heart of Harbor Hospice, providing a special kind of caring and compassion for our patients and their families. Every day, our volunteers make a difference in the lives of so many people. Whether they offer a listening ear to patients and families, assist with daily household activities for patients, provide grief support, serve as a companion to loved ones or share their personal expertise to help promote hospice care, the time given to Harbor Hospice families by our volunteers can be the most rewarding experiences of their lives. As a volunteer for Harbor Hospice's Patient Care Services, you "do good" every day. It takes a very special, caring person to give of themselves as unselfishly as our Harbor Hospice patient care volunteers. If you'd like to be a part of the Harbor Hospice team, here are some examples of the activities you can assist with:
- reading to a patient, or holding a hand
- staying with a patient while family members take a needed break or keep an appointment
- shopping or doing errands for a patient
- helping patients write or tell their life stories
- light household chores
- providing help with makeup and hair
- Veterans needed to honor Veteran patients at bedside/share stories together
- working on crafts or other projects
- clerical and other office duties
If you would like to volunteer for Harbor Hospice, please follow these steps:
- Step 1. Complete online Application (Click Here) and submit form.
- Step 2. Wait and Volunteer Coordinator will process and contact you in 24-48hrs
If you have any questions, contact us TF (855) 542-7267 or email us by clicking here
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
2419 Coit RoadSte. APlano, TX 75075
January 4, 2022
- Human Resources Diversity