1 person is interested
Youth Empowering Youth: Children's Program Facilitator
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
What is Youth Empowering Youth (YEY) Children’s Program?
Along with our original YEY program for teens, YEY also offers a children’s version of our leadership program designed specifically for childrens ages 8-12. In this eight-session program, two trained facilitates will cover a similar variety of topics to spark, inspire, and empower Elementary-age kids.
The online version of the YEY Children’s Program consists of eight interactive, 60-minute Zoom sessions. Even outside of the classroom, these sessions encourage students to make meaningful connections while discovering more about themselves.
The themes of each session of the program are as follows:
Session 1 - Ripple Effect - Little Things Matter
Session 2 - The Glasses of Your Life
Session 3 - Waves - Excuses Can Make a Rough Ride
Session 4 - Planning Your Adventure
Session 5 - Blow Forward to Success
Session 6 - Establishing Superhero Habits
Session 7 - Discovering Superhero Opportunities
Session 8 - Building Your Superpowers
Youth Empowering Youth is a division of Low Entropy, a nonprofit organization that is making personal growth accessible to all, and in doing so providing people with the tools to change themselves and the world.
Children’s Program Facilitator Role:
We are looking for volunteer facilitators who are passionate about supporting the growth and development of children and helping them reach their full potential through the Youth Empowering Youth Children’s Program. In this role, you would co-facilitate an online 8-session program focused on leadership, goal-setting, and self-awareness for a group of children aged 8-12.
- Successfully complete YEY orientation and training
- Commit to co-facilitating all 8 sessions of the program
- Deliver program curriculum
- Ensure emotional safety of all participants
- Manage classroom
- Work with co-facilitator weekly to plan the next session
- Debrief with co-facilitator after each session
- Touch base with YEY Leads each week to discuss progress
Qualifications and Skills:
- Available to facilitate an 8 week program, at the same time each week
- Prior experience leading groups of school-aged children
- Passionate about working with children
- Previous volunteer experience
- Leadership abilities
- Good communicator
- Problem solver with a growth mindset
- Proficient computer skills and capacity to deliver program through Zoom Video Conference
- A clear vulnerable sector police check is required (Instructions to be given at time of application)
- Improved leadership, group facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children
- Gain experience working with youth and group management working in a class environment
- Become part of the Youth Empowering Youth team and Low Entropy community
About Low Entropy Foundation
1511 Eagle Mountain Drive, Coquitlam, BC v3e2y6, CA
The Low Entropy Foundation is on a mission to elevate humanity through the power of compassionate, authentic communities.
Our programs foster transformational impact by empowering individuals through personal growth and meaningful interpersonal connections.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 3, 2022
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 19
- 5 hours per week.