1 person is interested
Jonesboro AR Walk to End Alzheimer's - Community Engagement Committee
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Alzheimer's Association, Arkansas Chapter is seeking dedicated volunteers to assist in the many facets of event planning for our signature event, Walk to End Alzheimer's, in 2022. Volunteers on the Community Engagement Committee will collaborate to recruit and retain walk teams, encourage walkers to fundraise and spread awareness of the walk around Northwest Arkansas.
What we ask of you:
- Attend the Committee Orientation to receive training on the basics of Alzheimer’s disease, learn about Association programs and services, and receive an introduction to the Walk event model.
- Participate in committee meetings. Meetings are held once-twice a month and are one hour long.
- Start or join a Walk to End Alzheimer’s team at alz.org/ARwalk, raise awareness and funds, and join us on Walk day to help us create an exceptional day-of-event experience for our participants.
- Recruit 3-5 new Walk teams
About Alzheimer's Association - Arkansas Chapter
5506 W. Walsh Ln, Suite 212, Rogers, AR 72758, US
The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia -- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
As part of the nation-wide network of chapters, the Arkansas Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association provides the nearly 60,000 Arkansans living with Alzheimer’s and their caregivers with localized, hands-on support, including the provision of education programs, support groups and social engagement for individuals in the early stages of Alzheimer’s.
The Arkansas Chapter continually strives to increase awareness of Alzheimer’s disease and available resources for those living with the disease and their many caregivers, including loved ones, family members, and medical professionals. A unique program for employers to offer their employees who may need Association resources is available at no cost.
2105 Aggie RoadJonesboro, AR 72401
January 3, 2022
- Community Outreach
- 2-3 hours per month, depending on the month. Very flexible to your own schedule.
- Great at collaboration and working independently, self-starter, experience in fundraising