Community Empowerment Support in poverty alleviation and sustainable development activities
Please visit the new page to apply.
We have ongoing volunteer activities in the following areas:
1. Conducting business classes to women in savings & small trade business
2. Conducting health classes to groups working with our Organisation
3. Construction of water shelter resources for safe water consultant
4. Conducting medical camps on eye problems and cervical cancer
5. Games and sports for youths
6. Teaching in our vocational center in Tailoring and sewing, computer , campentry, bee keeping, bakery, jealowery, knitting.
6. Training farmers on crop and animal husbandry
7. Tree planting and environment conservation
8. Teaching our schools of primary and secondary English, accounts, mathematics and science.
9. Counseling families on domestic violence, psychosocial support to Vulnerable children
10. Construction of shelter to very old or vulnerable mothers and child headed families
11. Technical support to health centres working with our Organisation
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Keep Alive Missionary Ministries Uganda
Atutur, Kumi (Mbale - Soroti highWay, Kumi, Eastern 44, UG
Raising an Enlightened, Empowered , Developed, Healthy and Corruption free Society
The Organisation started in 2013 by team of Ugandans committed in supporting local communities get empowered to overcome poverty through sustainable development projects using locally available resources
We are currently supporting 21 local groups in Eastern Uganda through capacity building on savings & business , health & sanitation, agriculture, bee keeping, education support activities & basic self defense lessons, games & sports.
In our achievements we now have 1. offices space and staff for coordinations of projects activities. 2. Supported 21 groups to start income projects such as piggery, goats, sheep and poultry keeping. 3. We have Vocational centre and youths and women get training on life skills such as tailoring and bee keeping, hair dressing and carpentry. We have supported over 600 women to get treatment on cervix cancer, 1000 people get treatment on eye sickness and given over 1000 eye glasses.
Supported schools and health centres in Kumi with tree seedlings and trained over 700 youths on good morals and healthy relationship building
Atutur, Kumi (Mbale - Soroti highWayKumi, Eastern Uganda Uganda
January 10, 2022
- Must be at least 18
- Volunteer hours From 9am to 5pm . The weekends is for resting.
- Volunteer should be wiling to work with grassroot Communities. Should be willing to meet his transport costs and accommodation while working with us.