3 people are interested
Operations Team | Tutors For Change
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Tutors For Change is a volunteer-nonprofit that helps create a world free of barriers to receiving a good education. We were founded during the COVID-19 pandemic to help bridge the educational and economic barriers widened by the pandemic by offering tutoring to students across America for less than 99 cents an hour - we are literally tutors for change!
Our Operations Team is the backbone of our nonprofit - they recruit volunteers, onboard tutors, and match students with tutors. Our Operations Team has helped match over 600 students with over 300 tutors. If you're interested in joining our team, please visit www.tutorsforchange.org/join-us to sign up!
The Team @ Tutors For Change
About Tutors For Change
N/A, Colorado Springs, CO 80921, US
Our vision is to create a world free of barriers to receiving a good education. To meet this end, we are an organization of volunteers that offer online tutoring to students across America at a rate of just 99 cents per hour. We literally tutor for change! As we navigate the world of the COVID-19 pandemic, we wish to bridge the educational and financial gaps worsened by the pandemic. We are a full-virtual service that strives to provide educational material and mentorship to students who are struggling in a variety of subjects. Our goal is to help as many students as we can in any way possible to encourage and empower families in an home-based educational platform.
Our organization provides fully virtual volunteer opportunities. You can join us in many different ways:
- Set your hours and sit down in virtual meetings 1 on 1 with students
- Implementation Teams
- Implement the new ideas to expand the scope of Tutors for Change
- Internal Communications
- Work closely with on-boarding tutors as well as pairing incoming students with standing tutors.
- Bring in students and tutors from all communities through outreach initiatives created and enforced by our volunteers
- Social Media Management
- Create media and advertising that will lead to the growth of the organization and reach of our services
- Educational Video Development
- Create educational video content that can be displayed publicly in association w/ tutors for change
- Work with our teams to fundraise and write grants in an effort to expand and extend our reach to the most hard hit communities.
Our vision is to create a world free of barriers to receiving a good education. To this end, we offer online tutoring to students across America for just 99 cents per hour (we literally tutor for change!), and hope to build a large national network that can give direction to families in need.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 2, 2022
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hrs/week - including 30 min - 1 hr team meeting on Sundays at 2 PT / 3 MT / 4 CT / 5 ET
- A desire to create a world free of barriers to receiving a good education!