3 people are interested
Board of Directors - Programming Director
ORGANIZATION: Boston International Turner Syndrome Summit
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
*This Position is remote
* Time Commitment is 1-2 hours a week
Role Description :
The programming Director is one of the roles that uses volunteers the most. Along with general board duties, this board member plans and creates the entire physical experience of BITSS. This role has a focus on creating an environment that is normalizing of TS, at the same time as safely stretching participant comfort zones and exposing them to new things. An educational background is crucial to success in this role, as is strong scheduling skills, and knowledge of Boston attractions and events (or how to find them).
- Obtaining Housing for the program
- Planning all activities for participants
- Overseeing instructor lesson plans once Talent Acquisition has provided instructors in the wanted fields
- Organizing transportation to activities off campus
- Creating program calendar, ensuring time for travel to events/activities, meds, 8-9 hours of sleep a night, and three meals a day with the occasional moment for snacks, and good times for staff to do rotations for breaks
- Securing the access to spaces for on-campus activities, meals, tickets or other entry requirements for off-campus activities
- Making sure all materials needed for the week for activities are listed in a document each year, which is shared with all relevant individuals, so items can be secured prior to the program by said individuals
- Work with Secretary of the Board to ensure the program is staying within budget
- Event Planning background a plus
- Educational background a plus
- Organization and attention to detail
- Ability to delegate, and collaborate (many hands make light work)
- Written and verbal Communication
If Interested apply at: https://www.cognitoforms.com/BostonInternationalTurnerSyndromeSummit/BITSSBoardMemberApplication
More opportunities with Boston International Turner Syndrome Summit
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Boston International Turner Syndrome Summit
PO BOX 135, MANSFIELD, MA 02048, US
Bringing young women with Turner syndrome together for fun, enriching experiences that foster independence and community.
The Boston International Turner Syndrome Summit (BITSS) is a non-profit organization that was founded to create a fulfilling, safe, and fun summer experience for young women with Turner syndrome between the ages of 12 and 19. Our goal is to help our attendees forge new memories, friendships, and skills with other teens with TS from around the globe.
BITSS is committed to creating an environment that promotes independence and community. We are dedicated to making our summit an enriching place for our attendees, as well as taking measures to keep parents informed while their daughters are away.
BITSS hopes to start an international community to augment national and regional organizations. We provide an opportunity to meet other young women with TS from different backgrounds, countries, and continents.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 25, 2022
- 1-2 hours a week
- Connection to the Turner Syndrome Community is preferred though not required.