HEALTH ACTIVITIES COORDINATOR
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Health Activities Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of events and initiatives for the organization. Empowering and equipping the young ladies on items such as fitness programs, mental mindset, nutrition, and other health-related topics. The coordinator is directly responsible to the President and members of the organization. This individual should be familiar with the organization's vision and ability to communicate effectively to all parties involved.
- Develop an event action plan for monthly fitness, nutrition, and health activities.
- Direct and coach volunteers on topics and processes for each activity.
- Identify and suggest new activities and opportunities.
- In conjunction with the Secretary keep records relating to past events.
- Provide monthly updates to the committee regarding duties and events.
- Raise awareness of the health events and their work at local and national levels, e.g., giving talks to groups or seeking photo opportunities with the media.
- Develop and coordinate web-based flyers, event registrations, and other resources for each event.
- A bachelor’s degree in nursing, nutrition, or other health-related fields.
- Commitment to the organization’s cause.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Creativity, imagination, and an entrepreneurial attitude towards mental health.
- Proactive attitude, drive, and enthusiasm to carry out projects to a conclusion.
- Ability to influence others using excellent communication skills and motivate others and work as part of a team.
- Capability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good organizational and project management skills.
- Resilience, particularly when faced with setbacks.
- Sensitivity to the needs of volunteers and donors.
- Willingness to carry out a range of administrative tasks.
- Expertise in mental health, personal development, conflict resolution, communication skills, and other related topics.
Anticipated Time of Involvement:
3-5 hours a week estimated. One event a month for the girls to get them outside and active. Partnering with the outdoor committee and mental health committee.
About GIRLS OF VIRTUE
7643 Gate Parkway St 104-56, JACKSONVILLE, FL 32256, US
Empowering young women to be grounded spiritually, mentally, physically, and financially through mentorship and education. Providing team building to get the girls in nature and build their confidence, all while allowing them to pray and meditate to begin overcoming the challenges created by the current or past situations they have faced. Surrounding them with strong, successful women who have experienced and overcome similar challenges to be successful in their personal and professional lives. A mission to mentor, guide, motivate, and inspire the youth. Classes on personal growth, financial education, improved health with fitness and nutrition, personal brand, self-defense, and spiritual balance will be provided. As the girls enter the workforce resources are provided to assist them in obtaining vocational licenses. The mentorship relationship will continue during the secondary education process to ensure the girls in the program are successful and happy in their new careers.
A place young women can come to feel safe, empower, and encouraged. Classes that teach them how to be successful in the world. Resources that educate the next generation. Offering classes on self-defense, personal development, financial literacy, mental health, health and wellness, communication, and conflict resolution, just to name a few. Events also include cooking, kayaking, workouts, and museums.
7643 Gate Parkway St 104-56Jacksonville, FL 32256
January 2, 2022
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 3-5 hours a week estimated and a 1-year commitment