NONPROFIT HIGH SCHOOL LIAISON
Please visit the new page to apply.
The High School Liaison serves as a human link between the organization and the people/community they serve. They communicate and coordinate their activities by serving as an official go-between.
- Serves as a point of contact.
- Connects with surrounding high schools that are in need and would benefit from the services the organization provides.
- Share information among students and school staff.
- Set up assemblies and office meetings with schools.
- Talk to teachers and school staff to find out if the organization would be an appropriate fit.
- Organize school events and activities that support students.
- Refer students to services they need.
- A high school diploma is required.
- Friendly, encouraging, non-judgmental manner.
- Good community connections.
- Cultural competence and awareness.
- Ability to talk about difficult topics and to the younger aged population.
- A positive approach to problems.
- Respect for people’s privacy.
Anticipated Time of Involvement:
3-5 hours a week estimated
About GIRLS OF VIRTUE
7643 Gate Parkway St 104-56, JACKSONVILLE, FL 32256, US
Empowering young women to be grounded spiritually, mentally, physically, and financially through mentorship and education. Providing team building to get the girls in nature and build their confidence, all while allowing them to pray and meditate to begin overcoming the challenges created by the current or past situations they have faced. Surrounding them with strong, successful women who have experienced and overcome similar challenges to be successful in their personal and professional lives. A mission to mentor, guide, motivate, and inspire the youth. Classes on personal growth, financial education, improved health with fitness and nutrition, personal brand, self-defense, and spiritual balance will be provided. As the girls enter the workforce resources are provided to assist them in obtaining vocational licenses. The mentorship relationship will continue during the secondary education process to ensure the girls in the program are successful and happy in their new careers.
A place young women can come to feel safe, empower, and encouraged. Classes that teach them how to be successful in the world. Resources that educate the next generation. Offering classes on self-defense, personal development, financial literacy, mental health, health and wellness, communication, and conflict resolution, just to name a few. Events also include cooking, kayaking, workouts, and museums.
7643 Gate Parkway St 104-56Jacksonville, FL 32256
January 2, 2022
- 3-5 hours a week estimated and a 1-year commitment