Community Empowered Board Member - Accountant
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Accountant reports to the Board of Directors s/he helps develop the annual budget and handle all financial issues. They present the annual budget and audit report to the board for approval. The accountant also oversees cash flow for administration, existing programs, and proposed new sites.
- Develops the annual budget and annual report with the support of the Executive Director.
- In collaboration with the Executive and Assistant Director, maintain the books and track bank transactions.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director and Director of Communications & Public Affairs for the budget of special events and programs.
- Oversee monetary donations through the fiscal year and during fundraising events.
About Community Empowered
14660 Schaefer Hwy., DETROIT, MI 48227, US
Community Empowered mission is to provide resources to help youth, parents, and families cultivate purpose, increase confidence, and make connections.
Community Empowered is a 501c3 organization in the Metro Detroit area. We began our work in 2015, when Founder, Janel Robinson decided she wanted to help youth in the metro Detroit area overcome the same obstacles she went through as a youth, confidence, and self-esteem. We are formally known as Junius T. Boone Foundation, the organization was named after Janel’s grandfather, Junius T. Boone. Within our three years of operation, we hosted three summer camps for young girls, a two-year all-girls mentoring program, workshops for youth (5-17), and several successful fundraising events & campaigns. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen events, we paused our operation for 4 years.
After working in the education field as an elementary - middle school teacher, there has been a magnitude of exposure within our community. Seeing the lack of resources and skills needed to maximize the family's potential is the foundation of Community Empowered mission.
Our vision is to provide a space for the community to receive the appropriate tools that enable them to increase the control they have over their life.
- Helps youth develop their social, emotional, and educational skills.
- Provide families with the needed resources and tools.
- Prepares youth to live a purposeful life.
- Teaches youth and families a healthier way of living.
17567 Hubbell Ave. Suite 221Detroit, MI 48235
January 1, 2022
- Donor Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Community Empowered board members will serve a two-year term and will be eligible for a re-appointment once that term is up. Board and committee meetings will be held in coordination. Meeting dates and times will be announced.
- We prefer volunteers who have experience in finance, with an emphasis on bookkeeping and budgeting.