2 people are interested
Volunteer Newsletter Editor for Animal Rescue
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Join our team to help us save more lives! The Humane Society of Loudoun County (HSLC) is seeking an editor for the HSLC volunteer newsletter to regularly update and educate our volunteers. The editor will solicit materials to be published, determine features for publication, set and enforce deadlines, make a final determination about what will be published in an issue, coordinate frequency of publication, and oversee all operations of publication. The editor will also coordinate the draft newsletter through a vetting process. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and/or assign content
- Proofread, restructure, and edit articles by content writers
- Design newsletter layout
- Coordinate the newsletter with HSLC leadership
- Distribute electronically to volunteers
- HSLC Orientation or Training
- Time commitment is approximately 10 hours a month
- Commitment to volunteer for the next six months
- Exceptional responsiveness and reliability
- Portfolio of published work
- Experience writing, editing, and publishing engaging content in English
- Experience managing projects from start to finish
- Attention to detail and well organized
- Once given direction, ability to take initiative, work independently, and achieve successful results
- Desired but Not Required: Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g., WordPress and Canva)
- Essential impact in saving more animals
- Experience newsletter editing
- Community advocacy and leadership
- Relationship building
- Enhance leadership and communication skills
- Interact with and meet a variety of people
- Invitation to volunteer appreciation events
- Opportunity to be highlighted in HSLC's Paw Prints Newsletter and/or the HSLC Heroes Newsletter
About Humane Society of Loudoun County
P.O. Box 777, Leesburg, VA 20178, US
The Humane Society of Loudoun County is a foster-based volunteer organization that partners with the community to save more animals and achieve a No Kill Community
The Humane Society of Loudoun County (HSLC) is a non profit 501(3)c animal welfare organization founded in 1966. Our mission is to partner with our community to work towards a time when all animals have loving homes. We do not have a physical shelter or location.
Based in Loudoun County Virginia, our programs and services include Rescue (Intake), Foster, Adoption, Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) / Community Cats, Barn-Working Cats, Pet Pantry, Low Cost Spay / Neuter, Financial Assistance, Media & Public Relations, Youth Education & Programs, Humane Education, Paw Prints Newsletter, General Helpline & Email, Fundraising, Volunteer Management, Social Events, Fundraising Events, and Community Outreach.
In 2020, we supported 273 adoptions, helped 310 community cats, moved 28 working cats, supported 927 spay/neuter surgeries, and delivered 24,000 pounds of Pet Pantry food to Loudoun Hunger Relief. We are looking to surpass these numbers in 2021 through the help of our incredible volunteers.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 1, 2022
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 16 hours every other month.