DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Board Member Opportunities with Great Organization
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Serving on the Board of Directors includes attending monthly meetings that take place on the 4th Wednesday of each month at 5:30pm (via Zoom as of March 2020), attending any special meetings of the Board of Directors and any ad hoc committee meetings (via Zoom as of March 2020), and being available via email to review reports, respond to issues and attend to the Board of Directors duties. The Board of Directors works closely with our Executive Director, Betsy Billie, to support and assist her in her endeavor to make the Center the best daycare in Chester County.
The Board of Directors have the following duties, as set forth in the bylaws of the Center and to be performed and carried out as necessary:
1. Adopting rules, regulations and policies consistent with the purposes of the organization.
2. Establishing standing and ad hoc committees in the Board of Director's discretion and to delegate to such committees such powers as are necessary. The current ad hoc committees include the executive committee, the hiring committee, the COVID committee, and the procurement committee.
3. Appointing or employing such persons as may be needed in the business of the organization and to define their duties and set their compensation.
4. Borrowing money, buying, selling or otherwise disposing of the organization's assets.
5. Appointing and hiring an Executive Director to manage the organization's services and staff.
6. Supporting and assisting, when necessary, the Executive Director with:
i. public relations for the organization;
ii. the organization's building and grounds;
iii. the purchasing of materials, supplies and equipment; and
iv. the growth and development of the organization.
7. Contributing financially to the organization based on each Board Member's financial ability.
8. Attending organization activities when possible. These include: our monthly board meetings on the 4th Wednesday of each month, as well as special meetings of the Board of Directors and any ad hoc committee meetings as mentioned above (via Zoom as of March 2020), as well as our annual Breakfast with Santa and our annual designer bag bingo fundraising event (Covid permitting).
9. Recruiting new directors to serve on the Board of Directors.
10. With respect to each individual director, notifying the President in advance of an expected absence from any meeting.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About WEST CHESTER AREA DAY CARE CENTER
501 E NIELDS STREET, WEST CHESTER, PA 19382, US
We are a non-profit childcare center that provides a quality, early childhood educational program which promotes the development of children emotionally, socially, intellectually, and physically in a safe, nurturing environment. We offer all parents affordable childcare with special emphasis on those with the greatest financial need.
West Chester Area Day Care Center serves more than 178 children per year living in the Chester County, Pennsylvania area. We have served the neighborhood for over 59 years, focusing on offering all families affordable childcare with special emphasis on assisting low income families with the greatest financial need. In addition to providing low priced child care, we provide nutritious breakfasts, lunches, snacks, formula and baby food at NO additional cost!
WCADCC is committed to providing a strong educational foundation to our children. We are a United Way Partner Agency and have achieved the high rating of a Keystone Star 4 Center. This is no easy feat and is attributed to the hard work and dedication of our staff. We currently have 14 full-time teachers, 15 part-time staff, one full time administrator and a bookkeeper.We acknowledge that children learn through a variety of ways, but most importantly through meaningful play experiences. We, therefore, see our role as fostering quality learning opportunities which are incorporated throughout every activity, every day, for every child. This builds the early learning foundation needed in preparation for elementary school and life as a young child.
501 East Nields StreetWest Chester, PA 19382
December 31, 2021
- Financial Literacy
- Contract Negotiations
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Approx. 3 hours per month, though the time commitment can increase depending on what ad hoc committees you volunteer to be involved in and what programs you volunteer to assist with.