10 people are interested
Please visit the new page to apply.
10 people are interested
This position will be responsible for all code-based solutions within Salesforce or involving data migrations, systems integrations and 3rd party applications. The Salesforce Developer position will work closely with the IT Head and Business Analyst to develop solutions that support business requirements and drive key business decisions.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing in Apex, Lightning Web Components, and other technologies to build customized solutions. Technical leadership, setting best practices including integration and application development, deployment, testing (unit and systems), and iterative refinement.
- Seek out ways to use Salesforce to improve processes and productivity, and make recommendations to support the organization scaling at a rapid pace.
- Define, communicate, and manage a change management (release) process to develop and implement new applications/code and updates to existing applications/code.
- Experience writing Apex classes and triggers, and Lightning Web Components
- Familiar with Salesforce Lightning Design System and SFDX
- Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating solutions, and/or deploying solutions to end users
- Technical project management experience
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Understanding of and experience with Salesforce architecture and API
- Experience using GitHub or other version control software
- Experience integrating Salesforce with other applications
- 2+ years previous development experience preferably in Salesforce
- Platform Developer 1 Certification
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
- A minimum of 1-year experience with programming Languages - APEX, Visualforce.
- Minimum of 6 months experience with customization on the Salesforce Lightning platform which should include: Lightning Components using the Lightning Design System framework, Apex, Apex data loader, and declarative platform tools. (Process Builder, Visual Workflow, Lightning App Builder, etc.)
- A minimum of 6 months’ exposure to Salesforce.com APEX data loader.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, must have minimum 6 years’ work experience
- Prototyping (InVision or similar)
- Experience developing for Salesforce Communities and Lightning App Builder
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment and be creative within a team
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing (SaaS, PaaS) and Salesforce, either through work at industry participants or consulting to the industry
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
How to apply
About School Group
1700 Atlas RD, Cedar Park, TX 78613, US
To promote quality education, skills development, and improve lives around the world through cutting-edge peer e-learning technology and data-driven research.
School Group is a global non-profit research organization building a global e-learning network for classroom collaboration. We do this through artificial intelligence software that supports our mission of transforming lives by bringing together students and teachers around the world for peer-to-peer collaborative learning to improve the accessibility and quality of education.
We work with educators, schools, government agencies, corporations, non-profits, and passionate people just like you who share our vision for a brighter future.
School Group is a platform that connects schools from various parts of the world. Our goal is to provide an e-learning community that focuses on peer-to-peer learning. We promote collaboration and communication to bridge the educational gap in a rapidly changing educational landscape. For more information, please visit our website, www.schoolgroup.org.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 18, 2022
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- Google Apps
- Internet Research
- IT Consulting