Volunteer Staff Writer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Spheres of Influence
We are looking to hire dedicated, passionate, and talented writers to join our team. As part of the Spheres of Influence volunteer staff, you will contribute two articles per month to be published on our website. Your work will become part of our initiative to spread awareness about underreported global issues, and you will have the freedom to write about topics you're knowledgeable and passionate about.
This is an ideal opportunity for students, recent graduates, and young professionals to have your work published and build your portfolio while playing a key role in the growth of our website.
This role is fully volunteer and requires around 3 hours per week.
Spheres of Influence is a non-profit digital publication dedicated to highlighting underreported issues in global affairs. In doing so, we work to amplify marginalized voices and provide low-barrier opportunities for youth to gain experience in journalism. We are based in so-called Vancouver, BC on unceded xʷməθkʷəy̓əm territory and publish articles from young writers in Canada and across the globe.
- Write two articles (800-1200 words) every month
- Work closely with a team of editors and make necessary changes when needed
- Attend monthly team meetings
Staff writers will also have the opportunity to (optional but not required)
- Write content for our newsletter
- Occasionally work with the social media team to make articles into social media posts and infographics
- Lead and participate in round-table discussions about the issues discussed in your articles
- Strong writing skills
- Critical thinking skills
- The ability to convey complex topics in accessible and engaging way without academic tone and jargon
- Passionate about global affairs, human rights, politics, the environment, and social justice
- An understanding of the importance of taking an intersectional and decolonial approach to global affairs
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Winnipeg, MB V6A 4K7Canada
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK