Street Dog Case Manager
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Transform A Street Dog
We currently have remote volunteer opportunities available and would like to work with you!
We have a unique opportunity to directly impact the life of suffering street animals. We are based in San Francisco but rescue and rehabilitate Ukrainian street dogs from our laptops with the help of our team in Kyiv, Ukraine. We are looking for dedicated volunteers to manage 2-3 dogs from their journey as a hopeless street dog until they graduate and become a beloved house pet. Not sure how you can save Ukrainian street dogs from your computer, we will train you!
- Work with a caretaker to medically stabilize the dog and secure a kennel or foster home for rescue day.
- Transfer necessary funds to the caretaker and collect receipts.
- Arrange trainer visit if needed.
- Coordinate with Photographers to get photos for adoption ads.
- Coordinate with Adoption Marketing Coordinator to ensure adoption ads are posted.
- Post updates and photos of dogs in Docs each week for Social Media Coordinators to access.
- If your dog will come to America for adoption, you will coordinate the trip with the team.
- Write an update for Virtual Adoption update newsletter; we send it out the 1st week of the month.
- Work with Web Designer to maintain available dogs on the foster, adopt, and virtually adopt pages of the website.
- Maintain your dogs’ status on the TFASD dog tracker.
- Prepare adoption contract and care plan for your animal when they are adopted.
- 3 to 6 month commitment (Able to dedicate 2-3 hours a week to role)
- Able to use Viber to communicate with overseas volunteers and enjoy engaging with other volunteers; ability to be diplomatic and a team player
- Comfortable using translation software to communicate with volunteers that don’t speak English. If you speak Russian or Ukrainian this is a plus but not required.
- Ukraine's time zone is 10 hours ahead of PST, 7 hours ahead of EST; you should have the ability to talk in the morning or late at night to accommodate time change.
- It is not necessary, but preferred to have some connection to or knowledge about Eastern Europe and have some understanding of the street dog crises in undeveloped countries.
Language/Cultral Support Available
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
15057 Dewey StreetSan Leandro, CA 94579
December 30, 2021