Employment Skills Workshop Facilitator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Youth Employment Service (YES)
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE
The main purpose of the Employment Skills Workshop is to introduce an array of concepts to YES clients that are fundamental when searching for and securing employment opportunities. The main objective for the Employment Skills Workshop Facilitator volunteer is to facilitate an engaging workshop for our clients to help expedite their pathways to success.
The Facilitator would help to introduce essential skills such as how to fill out a job application properly, how to start building a resume, how to present the "tell me about yourself" elevator pitch to an employer, etc. Facilitators actively engage with our clients in this position, assisting them in identifying their skills and strengths. They also aid in guiding them throughout the workshop, answering any questions or concerns.
These workshops are 2 hours long and are held every other Tuesday from 4:00pm-6:00pm.
Other time slots may be available, as needed.
Currently, workshops are being held virtually.
· Must enjoy working with youth and young adults.
· Must have experience in a leadership role and love to teach/mentor.
· Must observe one Employment Skills workshop and complete the "Train the Trainer" program to learn the curriculum before being scheduled to volunteer.
· Must notify YES Staff at least 48 hours prior to appointment if you need to cancel.
· Dress in business casual attire when facilitating workshops (no jeans or t-shirts).
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
· Orientation and training materials/packets provided
· "Train the Trainer" review session of the Employment Skills Leader’s Guide
· Co-facilitation with a trained Workshop Facilitator until ready to facilitate solo
There is no set time commitment required at this time.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Santa Ana, CA 92704
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH