Principal Research Officers (Energy & Environment)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Blockchain & Climate Institute
The Blockchain & Climate Institute (BCI) is an international volunteers-led think tank supporting and advocating the application of blockchain technology in the global fight against climate change.
We are looking for two passionate and senior researchers to join the Energy & Environment Research Division (Research Division II) at the BCI as Principal Research Officers, specialising in either Energy (PRO(II)1) or Environmental Policy PRO(II)2. We are seeking professionals who take a methodological approach to their work, possess strong research and leadership skills, and have a passion for stakeholder engagement and establishing strategic partnerships to progress the BCI’s core mission. Supporting the Director of Research (Energy and Environment),Responsibilities will include:
· Conducting independent primary and secondary research in areas such as renewable energy, carbon trading, biodiversity and conservation, climate change adaptation, natural resource management, blockchain technology, and artificial intelligence, especially for developing-country governments;
· Analysing both quantitative and qualitative data using suitable methodologies, drawing appropriate conclusions and presenting finds clearly and concisely;
· Delivering high-quality research outputs, such as written reports, concept notes, briefing materials and presentations;
.Providing research guidance and mentoring to Research officers /Senior research officers within Energy &Environment Research Divisions; and
· Providing support in project management, divisional administration tasks, and recruitment duties to the Director of Research (Energy and Environment).Person Specification
1.Skills & Abilities
· Excellent communication and leadership skills, including the ability to develop effective working relationships, work flexibly across professional and operational boundaries, and communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
· Strong English writing skills and the ability to tailor communications to the intended audience;
· Excellent research skills and a methodological and detail-orientated approach;
· Strong organisational skills and ability to balance competing demands under pressure;
· Strong presentation skills and ability to present ideas appropriately and persuasively; and
· Aptitude in Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish (desirable).
2.General & Specialist Knowledge
· Demonstrable knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods;
· Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and reference management software (e.g. Mendeley, Zotero);
· Specialist knowledge relevant to the role (Energy (PRO(II)1) or Environmental Policy (PRO(II)2)); and
· Generalist knowledge on topics central to the BCI such as climate change policy, adaptation and resilience, and blockchain technology.
3.Education & Training
· An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline; and · A postgraduate research degree or equivalent professional research experience.
· 10 years’ experience in designing, planning, facilitating and conducting independent/academic research;
· Experience in supervising colleagues and leading projects;
· Experience of working in a target-driven role with tight deadlines; · Experience in building constructive relationships with stakeholders; and
· Experience of working independently and with teams to drive forward projects using own initiative.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
International House64 Nile StreetLondon, N1 7SRUnited Kingdom
December 30, 2021