Volunteer for Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Sanctuary Hospice - Illinois
Come join our Sanctuary Hospice Volunteer Team on your own time!
Sanctuary Hospice's volunteers are provided the preparation and training they need to comfortably and successfully complete their chosen assignments. Sanctuary Hospice has multiple office locations where we serve patients located across Illinois.
There are Two Types of Volunteers
- Patient Care Volunteers are part of a patient’s care team. They make home visits to offer companionship for patients and relief for caregivers. Examples of patient care volunteer opportunities include reading to the patient, assisting with a hobby, listening, running errands, or grocery shopping.
- Organizational Volunteers work in our offices to support our care team or help patients and families. Such as assisting with phones, copying, filing, data entry, mailing, assembling information, computer work, creating special memories for holidays, patient birthdays, and anniversaries.
- Understanding and supportive of hospice philosophy.
- Compassionate person who is accepting and respectful of people's differences.
- Must be a licensed driver with an insured automobile in good working order, if required to transport patients or family members.
- The ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to pass background check requirements.
- Patient Care Volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated prior to volunteering. This is not a requirement for Organizational Volunteers.
If you have any questions please email me at AngelikaBravo@sanctuaryhospiceil.com
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Prospect Heights, IL 60616
December 30, 2021