Make a Difference for Girls: Coach this Spring!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Girls on the Run of the Bay Area
Now more than ever, girls need a way to get active and connect with their peers in a healthy and supportive space. Girls on the Run Bay Area provides a safe and fun solution for 3rd-8th graders, but we need coaches to lead our teams in San Francisco and throughout the Bay Area this fall!
Our coaches are mentors and motivators who encourage joyful movement but don't have to be runners themselves. We’ll provide you with training, curriculum, and supplies- everything you’ll need to coach a safe, successful season and help the girls in your community activate their limitless potential!
Safety Modifications: The safety of our participants is a top priority for Girls on the Run. We will continue to support girls in an updated, safe environment:
- We have limited our team size to 16 girls who will meet at their site twice a week for 8 weeks, with the possibility of transitioning to virtual programming depending on weather conditions and public health directives.
- We provide training on how to successfully facilitate in a virtual and in-person format.
- Serve as a role model and mentor for the participating girls
- Prepare & collaborate with your co-coaches to facilitate twice-weekly lessons
- Attend both weekly practices
- Participate in the Girls on the Run 5K
- Have fun motivating your girls to become healthy and confident!
- Interest in inspiring girls to be joyful, healthy, and confident!
- Able to complete a background check and coach training
- Able to dedicate approximately 5-7 hours a week for 8 weeks from March - May
For more information on coaching, please visit https://www.gotrbayarea.org/coach
To apply as a Volunteer Coach, fill out our New Coach Application .
If you have questions about this opportunity or are interested in starting a GOTR program site, please reach out to our Community Engagement VISTA,Clarissa Green, at email@example.com.
We are recruiting coaches to serve with teams in Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo Counties.
Girls on the Run of the Bay Area is a local chapter of a national organization, and a registered 501(c)3 non-profit. For more information visit our website at www.gotrbayarea.org., or contact us at (415) 863-8942
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
San Francisco, CA 94110
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH