Graphic Designer with Dance for All Bodies
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Dance for All Bodies
Dance for All Bodies is looking for a graphic designer to work on designs to be posted on our social media accounts and websites! These designs all aim to promote attendance in our dance classes, increased use of our services and awareness of Dance for All Bodies. You will mainly work on creating designs for events, infographics and additional posts to promote DfAB.
This position is for you if you have a passion for using your social media skills in a non-profit setting, are persistent in the face of obstacles, and believe that dance should be made accessible to all regardless of ability, race or income.
- Work in a timely manner to create graphics for Facebook events, Instagram posts etc. (time sensitive)
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies
- Work in collaboration with all DfAB team members but especially Outreach and Social Media Coordinator to create designs that improve number of clicks, subscribers, and participants in our dance classes.
- Find new, creative ways to use the videos and images we already have to highlight different aspects of Dance for All Bodies or our achievements so far.
- Use a diversity of graphics that can be welcoming to parents, kids, families, youth, young adults and older adults participating in our classes.
- Analyze the impacts of your designs in collaboration with the Social Media Coordinator
- Uploads all designs on the Google Drive
- Personal or professional experience working with people with disabilities.
- Previous experience working for a non-profit or grassroots organization is preferred.
- Previous experience in graphic design (familiarity with platforms like Photoshop or Canva) is required.
- Must be committed to DfAB’s mission to change the face of dance through accessible dance classes.
- Disciplined in working independently and remotely; not afraid to ask questions or admit when you don’t know something.
- Works in a timely manner.
- Collaborative mindset; eager to be part of a team and contribute.
- Self-motivated and shows stamina in the face of obstacles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience using Google Drive.
All work can be done remotely. You are also highly encouraged to attend our bimonthly (twice a month) meetings on Mondays 7:30pm EST/4:30pm PST.
This is a volunteer, uncompensated position.
Expected Hours of Work:
While there is room for flexibility in regards to hours, you will be expected to commit at least 6 hours to DfAB every week. You might be expected to commit more than that during the weeks that we host classes, as you will be expected to attend the classes. If you plan to travel or take a break, let us know in advance.
Preferred Education and Experience:
At DfAB we believe that experience comes in many different forms. We want to prioritize those who demonstrate a strong commitment to our mission and are therefore willing to commit a great amount of time, thought, and effort into this cause. If you have previous experience in this field, we would love to learn more about your experiences through any previous work, a portfolio, or other examples. If not, don’t worry, we would still love to see how you can help us!
Send your resume and one short paragraph to email@example.com "Graphic Designer" in the subject heading.
Answer these questions in your application:
- Include a link to a portfolio or designs you’ve previously made.
- Why does making dance accessible to people with physical disabilities matter to you?
- Tell us about a time when you approached a problem in a creative and unique way (does not have to be in the professional setting).
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
6037 Chabolyn TerraceOakland, CA 94618
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK