Disaster Action Team Martinsville
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross Blue Ridge Chapter
Disaster Action Teams provide 24-hour emergency response to local disasters, particularly house fires, ensuring that those affected have access to resources for basic necessities such as food, shelter and clothing. DAT Members participate in all DAT program support and capacity building activities necessary to ensure effective service delivery during a DAT response
This position is responsible for the tasks involved in the Disaster Action Team program including:
1. Supporting the annual goals, Regional Disaster Officer (RDO) objectives, and regional/chapter plan for DAT services through participation in meetings, projects, and local response activities.
2. Completes all required training and maintains current training standard as DAT program requirements change.
3. Attends regular team meetings and training as required by the region/territory.
4. Completes assigned projects and local response activities according to the needs of the DAT program. (Preparing vehicles, response materials, administrative support of the DAT program and other tasks assigned by the DAT Leader.)
Time Commitment: Participation in this role requires one (1) 12 hour shift, monthly.
DAT Members must also:
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Clear background check
• Show proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
• Possess a valid driver's license
• Have the ability to independently travel to and from their work location.
• Have willingness to adapt to and utilize technology such as smart phones & tablets Service on a DAT team may require evening/night, weekend and/or holiday commitments.
All participating DAT members are required to familiarize themselves with DAT procedures and documents as posted to The Exchange under the Disaster Action Team Toolkit.
• Ability to follow and execute requests received from supervisor with little or no supervision.
• Ability to Adapt to change, negotiate compromise and tolerate ambiguity.
• Ability to build effective relationships with others who can help with work-related goals and work in a team environment
Length of Appointment: Once trained may remain active as long as required training is updated and minimum service requirements maintained. DAT membership will be evaluated and renewed yearly based on interest, availability and performance.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Martinsville, VA 24502
December 30, 2021