Disaster Action Team - Duty Officer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross of Central Florida and U.S. Virgin Islands
Disaster Action team is a volunteer team that provides immediate disaster relief, works directly with client/family and fulfills the humanitarian mission in local communities.
A Duty Officer serves as the first point of contact for the team.
Some responsibilities include:
- Receives disaster notifications
- Assesses the response needs
- Activates and deploys DAT responders
- Is single point of contact for the on-scene DATs
- Monitors and supports resources
- Ensures standards and policies are followed
- Confirms required client services are provided
- Tracks the event through its lifecycle
- Notifies on-call staff of significant events
A DAT Duty Officer is an on-call volunteer who:
- Receives local disaster notifications
- Provides remote support to the Disaster Action Team via phone and computer
- Activates, deploys, and monitors resources
- Fulfills the Red Cross mission within local communities
- Maintains phone reception and internet access when on-call
- Keeps necessary job tools, equipment, and other supplies at the ready
- Answers phone calls in a prompt, professional, compassionate manner
- Promptly prioritizes & escalates concerns or issues up chain-of-command
- Maintains a commitment to customer service
- Ensures documentation is completed within the required timeframe
- Advocates for the clients, workforce, and mission of the Red Cross
- Attends regularly scheduled meetings
- Maintains system log-in credentials and training requirements
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Lake County, FL 33607
December 30, 2021