Multi Cultural Crisis Facilitator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Crisis UK
Multi Cultural Diversity Facilitator Tuesdays 1130 am - 1230 (TBC)
Crisis is a charity working with people who are homeless. It offers advices, support, advocacy , education and training. Crisis aim is to end homelessness in the UK for good.
We are looking for volunteers who are interested in developing a group to support our members who are from black , Asian or other non-white British backgrounds and homeless. We want to promote cultural diversity through information and a newsletter
- Working as part of team to create a bank of information for members
- Researching in to local and national organisations that can support members from Culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Working as part of a team for a to create a quarterly on line news letter and other activities that promote cultural diversity.
- Support setting up and facilitating group for member
- Facilitate a monthly forum for members
- Encourage the members take an active part in the forum
- Coordinate guest speakers and member attendance for monthly meetings
- Motivate members of all abilities to take part in activities
- If applicable, to help set up equipment before the group and help clear up equipment after the forum has finished
- Feedback any challenges or opportunities that arise during session to the staff team
What we are looking for :-
· Have an excellent knowledge of issues effecting the BAME community and of and how the community disproportionately end up homeless
· Excellent IT skills with the ability to use the internet, email and Microsoft Office and online platforms such as zoom.
· Strong interpersonal communication skills with a particular focus on listening.
· Good timekeeping and reliability.
· Non-judgmental, patient and friendly.
· An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and maintaining boundaries.
· Be positive, productive and have a passion to help end homelessness.
This role will be mostly on line with one monthly face to face meeting.
( risk assessment face masks , lateral flow tests are provided ) Any cold symptoms will be advised not to come in .)
What you will gain.
Experience of making volunteering for a homeless charity and making a real difference to the lives of people who are homeless
· Travel expense (public transport up to travel card .
· Reference after 3 months.
· volunteer socials and trips out
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
13 Surrey StreetCroydon, England CR0 1RGUnited Kingdom
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK