YALDA US Administrative Assistant (REMOTE)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Youth Alliance for Leadership and Development in Africa (YALDA)
Do you have a strong passion for the development of Africa? Do you have innovative ideas on how the youth can contribute to Africa’s development? Do you want to expand your network by working directly with the African Union, United Nations ECOSOC, United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, World Bank, African Development Bank, the International Trade Centre and/or YALI? Do you want to attend meetings at the UN Headquarters in New York or World Bank in Washington DC or globally once the pandemic is over? Do you love to network and meet people from all over the world? Then this position is for you!
YALDA is a networking organization that is truly Africa branded: "By Africans, For Africa!".
YALDA is a non-profit international organization that was established by Harvard University students, who were born and raised in Africa, in order to create a resourceful networking database for those with a strong interest in Africa. The network is centered around YALDA branches, primarily at African universities and in Diaspora, and serves to increase the capacity of youth in Africa by developing positive leadership skills and espousing an honest work ethic.
YALDA US works on: organising virtual events and trainings; keeping young people informed about positive development stories in Africa through social media; researching opportunities in Africa; fundraising activities; establishing and working with branches; maintaining relationships with UN and World Bank, and compliance with regulations as a 501 (c)(3) non-profit/NGO status.
YALDA US has a vacancy for the position of Administrative Assistant reporting directly to the YALDA US President.
The YALDA US Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing direct administrative and clerical support to YALDA US President in order to ensure effective and efficient operations. Please note this is an UNPAID position.
The position requires a person who is detailed oriented, confident and exercises initiative while maintaining a professional demeanor. To be successful the ideal candidate will work with minimal supervision, propose solutions to problems, and has excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Manage, create and edit email correspondence on behalf of YALDA US President
- Manage UN Meeting calendar, email account, registrations for meetings and collect reports
- Attend meetings at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City or World Bank Headquarters in Washington, D.C., when it is possible, or virtually as a YALDA representative
- Work with organizations such as the African Union, United Nations ECOSOC, United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, World Bank, African Development Bank, the International Trade Centre and/or YALI
- Data entry and database maintenance
- Prepare, edit and format documents, presentations and spreadsheets.
- Scheduling and organization of conference calls and webinars.
- Maintain electronic and paper files
- Basic research, data compilation and database maintenance for projects and documents
- Copying and organizing materials for meetings
- Maintain electronic calendars, coordinate meetings, set up recurring meetings, conference calls, etc.
- General administrative support
- Must have Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience; administrative/clerical experience
- Advanced PC skills; including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet browsers
- Excellent attention to detail, organization and accuracy of work
- Must have good writing skills, organization skills, and have research skills
- Communicate in a professional manner and develop good rapport with both internal and external individuals
- Must have constant and reliable access to internet
- Must have a strong interest in Africa
Please send your Resume and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote "YALDA US Administrative Assistant" in the subject line.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
100 Shockoe SlipFloor 2Richmond, VA 23219
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK