Outreach and Rescue Organizer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Brooklyn Bridge Animal Welfare Coalition, Inc./Brooklyn Cat CafeOutreach/Rescue Director
Goal: reduce cats who enter shelter system by (1) spaying/neutering owned cats (2) working with owners to fix problems before they get out of control (3) helping individuals who want to TNR/help outdoor cats to do so by providing support and structure (4) develop structures for people/organizations/companies/volunteers to access and perform TNR
- Respond to email/inquiries asking for assistance
- Coordinate rescuers who are being helped by BBAWC w listing, vetting, etc.
- Coordinate helping individuals to use our rescue vets, our rescue clinic or ASPCA services
- Coordinate courtesy listings.
- Assist with setting up programs to help rescuers/individuals (TNR classes, trainings, info sessions, etc).
- Organize and assist with large targeted TNR projects.
- Training local individuals in TNR on large projects for job training and to create a pool of individuals who we can refer people looking for trappers.
- Advise individuals doing TNR as needed
- Organize and set up handouts, links etc that can be offered to individuals, pet owners needing help.
- Setting up a call in number/email system for feeders/trapping/rescuers to utilize after large projects to maintain zero population growth in project areas.
- Coordinate/organize trap loans/carrier loans/crate loans through animal management system and setting up procedures and protocols by which they can be borrowed.
- Over time develop network of paid TNR trappers that can be referred to.
- Develop vaccine, microchip and other types of clinics of use to rescuers/feeders, etc.
- each semester ideally work with an intern to train and coordinate work and paperwork
We realize this is a heavy volunteer ask. We are working to get funding and we want to build this system - so in the beginning we think this will be a smaller project as we build the structure.
If TNR, community cats and homeless animals are important to you - this is a great opportunity to help us make a significant change in the way that outreach is done.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
76 Montague StreetBrooklyn, NY 11201
December 30, 2021
- Public Advocacy