Board of Director Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Social Innovators of America AssociationWhy you are needed?
We need your strategic acumen and ability to broker relationships to grow an organization that works collaboratively with communities and its members to solve America's most complex social problems. As you may know, there are growing disparities among American population segments that result from a lack of resources, neglect, unfairness, and unjust treatment. Despite many nonprofits' heroic efforts to address peoples' immediate needs, their good works go on for generations without getting at the root of the problems. As a result, there is a gap between charities at the tactical level and great scholars at the theoretical level. The SIAA exists to fill that gap with more strategic, long-term, and sustainable solutions to convert theory into practical solutions that help charitable organizations transforms the lives of their beneficiaries.What you can do for us?
The Director position is a part-time, voluntary position. The purpose of the Director position is ensure integrity through governance, help raise funds, advocate the mission, broker relationships for the benefit of SIAA and its members, and ensure we provide a positive social impact to the communities we serve.How you can help?
The Board will support the work of the SIAA and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While SIAA’s President leads day-to-day operations, the Directors’ relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Directors’ responsibilities include:
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the President as they develop and implement the SIAA’s strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by the SIAA for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using
- Approving the SIAA’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; meeting all legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Assisting the President in identifying and recruiting other Board Directors, members, & volunteers
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing the SIAA to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring the SIAA’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities the SIAA serves
This position is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about making America better for all of its citizens. Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Achieved leadership experience in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector.
- A commitment to issues and needs of SIAA’s beneficiaries and members
- An affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse stakeholders
- A passion for improving the members’ social impact and the lives of its beneficiaries
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Reston, VA 20190
December 30, 2021