ESL & Literacy Instructor (Living Stipend Provided)-Notre Dame AmeriCorps-Wilmington
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Notre Dame Mission Volunteers AmeriCorpsJob Description
The ESL & Literacy Instructor at Literacy Delaware will be responsible for teaching specific classes for adult learners including English to Speakers of Other Languages, Digital Literacy, and Health Literacy.
- Create integrative, learner centered lesson plans.
- Report attendance and goals each month.
- Assist with registration of learners.
- Attend in-person or webinars for skill development.
- Administrative support.
- Assist in developing and implementing new programs
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident (recently naturalized citizens are encouraged to apply).
- Express commitment to complete one year of National Service.
- Associates or bachelors degree (Education, Social Work, or Human Services preferred)
- Experience with and/or desire to work with children, youth, and their parents
- Flexibility, creativity, responsibility and initiative; able to work well with others
- Solid speaking and writing skills
- Must obtain all required clearances (Child Abuse, Police Criminal Record, FBI fingerprint)
- Training/Professional Development Opportunities
- Living allowance distributed biweekly)
- Child care allowance
- Health Insurance
- Eligible for $6,495 education award upon successful completion of AmeriCorps term of Service
- An opportunity for federal student loan forbearance during the term of service
Job Types: Full-time, TemporaryPay: $15,100.00 per year
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
10 East 10th StreetWilmington, DE 19801
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME