Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Equal Lives
If you love meeting new people and helping to assist people to live their best lives, then we’ve got a role for you! Shopmobility Assistants are needed for our new shop in Chantry Place Norwich to help match people up with the right mobility aids, enabling them to get out and about around the city and gain confidence using the equipment. This would be a great role for someone who’s interested in developing face to face, retail or disability assistance skills.
The role may include, but is not limited to:
- Opening the site ready for business and helping to prepare the shop
- Closing the shop at the end of the day
- Greeting customers and acting as a friendly, supportive and welcoming face
- Supporting customers to rent the equipment they need to make their shopping experience easier
- Keeping the site looking presentable and welcoming
- Handling cash and taking card payments
- Supporting people to sign up as members and to join Equal Lives as members
- Responding to queries on social media
- Taking future bookings for the equipment
- Cleaning vehicles when they’re returned
- Some other occasional ad hoc tasks as required
We’ll give you:
- Comprehensive training, including GDPR, Safeguarding and Data Protection
- The opportunity to choose your days and hours
- An accessible city centre location
- A variety of activities to challenge you and develop your skills
- The opportunity to take on additional responsibilities as you gain experience
- Specific tasks focusing on the skills you want to gain
- A friendly and supportive team of staff and volunteers
You will be doing really important work with this role, supporting those with mobility issues access the City to lead more independent lives. This opportunity gives you a fantastic chance to learn and develop great transferable skills.
If you are looking for a volunteer role which gives you the chance to make a real difference to people's lives, this role could be for you.
There will be opportunities to choose your days, hours and the length of time which you volunteer with us for. The site will follow the COVID19 safety guidelines and volunteers will be reimbursed reasonable expenses incurred whilst supporting us.
All volunteers are required to undertake our core training programme. This covers basic safeguarding and other key features, such as data protection.
New volunteers will have an opportunity to 'shadow’ experienced volunteers and members of staff
Potentially, depending on the candidate, there may be additional opportunities to participate in a variety of accredited training courses. Please ask a manager for further details.
Volunteers are required to adhere to the organisation’s policies and practice guidelines.
Reasonable expenses, including travel whilst undertaking this role will be reimbursed. This includes mileage (currently £0.45 p/mile) and parking costs.
Applications must include 2 satisfactory references who have known them in a professional or educational capacity for at least 12 months. Applicants must also complete a Disclosure and Barring Service check before commencing volunteering.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
40-46 Saint Stephens StreetNorwich, England NR1 3SHUnited Kingdom
December 30, 2021
- Human Resources Diversity
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK