Human Resource Development Advisor
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: World University Service of Canada (WUSC) - Entraide universitaire mondiale du Canada (EUMC)
Are you passionate about empowering women and advancing gender equality? Do you have human resource skills to share?
As the Human Resource Development Advisor, you will strengthen the capacity of Vietnam Women Entrepreneurs Council (VWEC) staff.
Apply today to make a positive impact in Vietnam!Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct an organizational assessment in conjunction with key staff members in order to understand management’s expectations and to identify any gaps in staff’s skill set
- Assist staff members in developing their personal development plan
- Conduct trainings aimed at supporting staff to improve their skills
- Coach and/or train management to improve their leadership and management skills
- Participate in pre-assignment training
- Participate in at least 3 public engagement initiatives before, during, or after the assignment. Volunteers will be equipped with the tools, training, and support to achieve these goals. Volunteers will also have one virtual check-in with the Public Engagement Officer throughout the course of their assignment.
- Set up a personalized volunteer fundraising page on the WUSC fundraising platform and share it in your networks. Volunteers will be supported with the tools, training and support to achieve the fundraising goal.
- Ensure that a gender equality lens is consistently applied in the execution of all activities
- Support partners to empower young women and promote a culture of gender sensitive representation in all activities and program benefits.
- Submit reports as required by the partner organization and by WUSC.
- Degree and/or experience in Human Resource development and management or a related field
- Demonstrated experience in HR development and trainings
- Excellent organizational skills and proven success in achieving results-oriented outcomes
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development considered an asset
- Experience living and working internationally considered an asset
- Written and oral fluency in English.
Volunteering for development is one of the important ways in which WUSC pursues its mission. The IGNI+E project, funded by Global Affairs Canada, supports over 70 partner organizations to advance gender equality and the economic empowerment of 1.2 million youth around the world. IGNI+E harnesses the knowledge, capacity and expertise of skilled Canadians through volunteer assignments and public engagement activities to assist partners in improving their performance, advocating for gender equality, and implementing more sustainable, innovative and inclusive initiatives and services for poor and marginalised youth, particularly young women. Overseas, our volunteers collaborate with a wide variety of partners, including enterprise and social enterprise development incubators, skills training centres, women's organizations, and youth groups. In Canada, WUSC works with institutions and individuals to identify, prepare, and support volunteers who travel overseas to support our partners. Our network in Canada also works with WUSC to raise awareness among Canadians to inspire greater action on global development issues. Our collective focus is on sustainable and inclusive changes to create a better world for youth.Partner Description
VWEC was established in 2001 under the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Located in Hanoi, VWEC is a national organization representing for women entrepreneurs, organizations of women entrepreneurs and enterprises owned or managed by women in all economic sectors national wide.VWEC’s activities include the provision of support and protection of the legitimate rights of women entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of women-owned or operated businesses; assistance to members to promote domestic and international trade investment, technology transfer activities for women entrepreneurs; development internal and external partnership and networking for the members and implement gender equality in enterprises; provision of capacity building to women entrepreneurs on business skills development such as law, leadership skills, strategic planning, marketing and digital communication etc.Support Package
- Support and guidance from the WUSC Volunteer Mobilization Team prior to departure and from WUSC Country Team while on assignment
- Participation in a pre-departure training where you will have the opportunity to learn about the program, gain practical skills for living and working in an intercultural context and meet other volunteers
- Travel, meals and accommodation are covered during in-person pre-departure
- In-country orientation upon arrival in country of assignment
- Language training in country of assignment, where required
- Airfare to and from country of assignment
- Support from the WUSC Administrative Officer for all relevant visas and work permits
- Cost of required country specific vaccinations and antimalarials
- Health insurance
- Modest monthly living and accommodation allowance while in country of assignment
- Vacation leave entitlement
- Return debriefing after completion of assignment
- An incredible opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to global development, enhance your professional skills and participate in an experience of a lifetime!
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to sign off on the WUSC Code of Conduct and the Self-Disclosure Form. International volunteers will also be required to submit a criminal record verification.
WUSC is a signatory to the Cooperation Canada Leaders’ Pledge on Preventing and Addressing Sexual Misconduct. The pledge represents the shared commitment as Canada’s global development and humanitarian leaders to ensure the full implementation of practices and policies that will protect and respond to our own staff, volunteers and the communities we serve. We are committed to creating safe and respectful workplaces and programs that promote gender equality and are free from gender-based violence, including by addressing and responding to all abuse of power, holding people to account, and protecting the vulnerable. Read the full pledge.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Hà NộiThành phố Huế, Thừa Thiên Huế K1Y 2N2Vietnam
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME