Social Media Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Resource Area for Teaching (RAFT)
Position Summary: We are seeking a highly motivated volunteer to assist in marketing to parents, teachers and the education ecosystem for Resource Area for Teaching (RAFT) in San Jose, CA - www.raft.net. The role includes assisting the Marketing & Communications Specialist and Marketing Director with all of our organization’s social media tasks, using the social media tools available to complete those tasks and other general marketing tasks to support marketing, retail/ecommerce and fundraising goals. The role is an unpaid position with limited hours (10 - 15 per week) and reports to the Marketing Director. This is an exciting position for someone with some social media and possesses excellent writing skills, willingness to learn the fundamentals of marketing and to gain experience working at a mission-based, non-profit organization. This is a hands-on role where the volunteer is expected to learn and apply their writing skills, creativity, critical thinking and hands-on learning experience with some training to their day-to-day tasks.
With direction from the Marketing Director and with hands-on training given by the Marketing & Communications Specialist , the individual will:
Social Media Content Management & Development
- Write copy, edit, and manage assets (including photos, video and other content) for digital assets including social media.
- Ensure all copywriting is edited by the Marketing & Communications Specialist and Marketing Director and reviewed by approved by other staff as needed.
- Maintain an editorial social media calendar for the Social Media channels.
- Use Social Media, Google Analytics and other reporting tools to provide insights.
- Support new and existing marketing initiatives by collaborating with Marketing, Operations, Education and Development teams.
- Apply our organization’s brand and style guidelines, messaging and other guides using Canva or other simple-to-use design tools.
Social Media Marketing
- With support from Marketing & Communications Specialist, work with Marketing, Education, Operations and Development teams to manage the Social Media Calendar.
- Develop posts including: copy writing and as needed graphics using Canva, video (low production).
- Ensure search optimization of social media posts using reporting tools in social media platform(s) and a soon-to-be implemented social media management system.
- Working on a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Social Studies
- Proven experience managing their owned social media channels and content.
- Experience as a user (no marketing experience required) with these social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Excellent organization and detail to detail.
- Very good verbal and excellent writing experience as demonstrated by their education/other work projects and samples.
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Demonstrated aptitude and enjoyment to learn new skills quickly
- Pluses: Familiar with website CMS: Wordpress or email (e.g. MailChimp)
This is an unpaid, volunteer role. Our organization is requesting 10 - 15 hours a week commitment for 3+ months. At the end of the assignment, if all deliverables/project work has met or exceeded the organization’s requirements the Marketing Director will provide the volunteer with a professional recommendation. The volunteer can expect to learn best practices social media marketing, management and other marketing fundamentals.
Location: Once work/assignments/deliverables established (1 or 2 meetings in RAFT's San Jose office) work may be done remotely with regular check-ins with the Marketing team.
Interested candidates should email a resume and thoughtful cover letter that includes how you heard about the position and "Social Media Volunteer" in the subject line.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1355 Ridder Park DriveSan Jose, CA 95131
December 30, 2021